Pioneer heading for big loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
TOKYO (AFP) - Japan's Pioneer warned it expects to run up a net loss of 24 billion yen (208 million dollars) in the year to March 2006 on disappointing sales of DVD recorders and other consumer electronics products.

The projected loss marks a significant deterioration from a profit of one billion yen that Pioneer had previously forecast.

Pioneer, a major maker of car navigation systems and plasma display panels, also cut its full-year revenue forecast to 770 billion yen from a previous projection of 810 billion.

The downgrade contrasted with improving fortunes at rival Toshiba, which said earlier Friday it had raised its net profit forecast for the six months to September to 14.6 billion yen from zero thanks to strong chip sales.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051021/tc_afp/japantechnologycompanyresultspioneer;_ylt=Aqy5QM1ZicUPSq5puC76KWgjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

This is sad, as I own allot of high end HDTV equipment and I do not care what it is, nothing in my book beats the Pioneer Elite Series of Plasma's. They cost most, but I pay for it. I really hope this does not mark a set back in quality from them to make ends meet. So many talk about Plasma burn ins, fading, this and that. I have my oldest from them is the 43" with HDTV STB from Early 2002, I abuse it, rarely turn it off, rarely run screen savers and to this day, not one bad pixel, not one bit of ghosting. DLP and LCD being so much cheaper (you get what you pay for) probably has allot to do with this.

It is also surprising in that over in AVS Forum, the Pioneer DVDRs are constantly touted as being the best or among the best. Strange that such a highly praised product would be the key element in a major corporation's financial problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)