Pioneer to Stop TV Production

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I do not have a link but it is all over AVS that Pioneer will not be making anymore TV's. It is being reported that they will sell the remainder inventory of the 9g and then shut the door.

What a shocker. The world economy has even gotten to the maker of the best flat panel available.

Could one of you guys post a link please???

My battery is very low on my itouch.

I could never afford a Kuro with my salary but I liked to think that if I could afford one, then I would get a great TV. It makes you wonder about the future of our hobbies and life in general.

Kuro's were great, but a little pricey. Lets face it, the cheaper Plasmas are at a point where the general consumer is happy. I just wonder how much life plasma is going to have left.

Wow, that blows. My 9g 6020 is the most amazing display that I've ever seen. I just got an email from Pioneer regarding a firmware upgrade for this TV yesterday. Very bad news.

Good luck getting it repaired.

He said he bought one not broke one.:)

There are laws to protect the consumer with a product under warrenty. With the standard 2 year warrenty for the elite and put on another 2 years if bought with credit card, I say he is pretty much covered for a while.

He said he bought one not broke one.:)

There are laws to protect the consumer with a product under warrenty. With the standard 2 year warrenty for the elite and put on another 2 years if bought with credit card, I say he is pretty much covered for a while.
Oh I think there will be an avenue to repair it but I do not think it will be as easy as before. I have never felt "good" about just buying something from a company that has gotten out of that business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)