PIP Tutorial - Please send me the basics!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ThePassion

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
Ok I did some google searching and didn't find much help. Can someone give me a quick run down on how to setup PIP?

Here is my current setup.

Hitachi 51" HD ready TV, with standard DirecTV receiver. Thats about it haha... I don't think I need the specifics of what to plug into where, but I do need to know what equipment I need to buy and how I need to route everything.

Thanks!

Unless your TV supports it and you have two satellite feeds going to each input... I wouldn't know any other way with your current setup.

so basically i need to buy another receiver...

just found out an answer about splitting cables on the FAQ.. good stuff

ThePassion said:
Ok I did some google searching and didn't find much help. Can someone give me a quick run down on how to setup PIP?

Here is my current setup.

Hitachi 51" HD ready TV, with standard DirecTV receiver. Thats about it haha... I don't think I need the specifics of what to plug into where, but I do need to know what equipment I need to buy and how I need to route everything.

Thanks!

I've may have the same: Hitachi 51S500 rear projection.

You may not want to, but you need to understand what the TV requires (should be in the manual). Hitachi uses back-panel jacks ANT A and ANT B for the PiP (both are 75-ohm coax).

If you want to view D* on the main screen and another D* channel on the PiP, then you need a separate D* rcvr for each. You can also connect OTA or cable directly to the ANT A or ANT B. You could also connect standalone TiVO, dvd, etc but what's the point in that as a PiP?

I don't use the PiP, I don't have any OTA reception and I don't think it's worth the $5/month mirroring fee for the additional rcvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.