PIP Tutorial - Please send me the basics!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ThePassion

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 9, 2005
Ok I did some google searching and didn't find much help. Can someone give me a quick run down on how to setup PIP?

Here is my current setup.

Hitachi 51" HD ready TV, with standard DirecTV receiver. Thats about it haha... I don't think I need the specifics of what to plug into where, but I do need to know what equipment I need to buy and how I need to route everything.

Thanks!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Unless your TV supports it and you have two satellite feeds going to each input... I wouldn't know any other way with your current setup.

ThePassion

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 9, 2005
so basically i need to buy another receiver...

just found out an answer about splitting cables on the FAQ.. good stuff

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 2, 2005
ThePassion said:
Ok I did some google searching and didn't find much help. Can someone give me a quick run down on how to setup PIP?

Here is my current setup.

Hitachi 51" HD ready TV, with standard DirecTV receiver. Thats about it haha... I don't think I need the specifics of what to plug into where, but I do need to know what equipment I need to buy and how I need to route everything.

Thanks!

I've may have the same: Hitachi 51S500 rear projection.

You may not want to, but you need to understand what the TV requires (should be in the manual). Hitachi uses back-panel jacks ANT A and ANT B for the PiP (both are 75-ohm coax).

If you want to view D* on the main screen and another D* channel on the PiP, then you need a separate D* rcvr for each. You can also connect OTA or cable directly to the ANT A or ANT B. You could also connect standalone TiVO, dvd, etc but what's the point in that as a PiP?

I don't use the PiP, I don't have any OTA reception and I don't think it's worth the $5/month mirroring fee for the additional rcvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts