Pismire's BUD No. 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nope nothing lost. Besides the lawnmower would catch them. :p Nothing like a little shade tree mechanic-ing. I am pretty carefull about how I take apart things. All the small parts where neatly organised on my boat nearby.

Today I tested the acuator and it is working like new now. The contact block was a little rusted up so I dug around and found 4 more HTS acuators and 2 were the same as this one so I took a block out of it and rewired this one and she is ready for a new life. I took out a couple of receivers, one analog and another digital and a small tv to help me tune it in. After a couple of adjustments it is now tracking the arc. Signals are pretty good but I can't get some of the S2 that I had desired so I am thinking I am going to put the 10' over here since this side of the arc will be a majority of our viewing. This dish will work just fine for the western side of the arc. I threw a switch out there for tonight and tapped into my exisiting coax for the 1.2 and am enjoying the Fisher mux on G3. Something new to watch. That's about it for today.

Attachments

• 100_2249.JPG
    100_2249.JPG
    943.6 KB · Views: 115
Today I tried to get my favorite S2 golf feed and it wouldn't come in on the 7.5' so that made the decision for me to put the 10' at this location. My wife has been sick for a couple of days so had my 16 year old daughter help my do the dish swap. All went great, no mishaps occured. Dug the trench leading to under the house. Decided to put the switches under the house so they would be safe from the weather and keep the coax clutter down in the living room. This evening I am enjoying my favorite S2 feeds with a BIG signal. Tomorrow I will do the acuator swap and bury the trench and put this project to rest. Almost time to sit back and watch tv! :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts