Pissed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But what is YOUR zip code? If your zip code (based on the service address you gave DirecTV) is NOT in the DB for a particular RSN then you will be paying extra to get the sports pack, that what we are trying to determine. If your zip code is in the RSN area then YES you need to call DirecTV and have you billing adjusted.

BUT...... as said before, distance and geography common sense play no part in your inclusion or exclusion by a RSN or DMA; its all done by zip code, and NOT controlled by DirecTV; just enforced, thats why we really need you to post it.

Last edited:
Roger said:
You're missing the point. I have to pay $12 extra for it now while everybody surrounding me and me as of 1/10/06 got it in any TC package without the Sports Pack.

channel 628 is in your TOTAL CHOICE package, sorry try again.

i just made 3 phone calls to directv and checked your location.

dragon002 said:
channel 628 is in your TOTAL CHOICE package, sorry try again.
i just made 3 phone calls to directv and checked your location.

How did you know his zip code to check it? So its just a billing error?

That doesn't matter because I've always got that RSN 428 on E* and cable and was told at the DTV URL when I checked it in January that I was eligible to get it with any TC package. Pick any 168XX because they all now say the same thing.
I had to call level 2 back in January and they stated they were having problems so they'd give me the Sports Pack until they fixed it. Now they're saying that 168XX you have to buy the Sports Pack which is total BS because I live in that RSN's region.

I am not sure what the problem is at this point, someone has a non-updated DB, cable companies work by seperate rules (so they don't count) thanks to the LAW, but if Dish has it in their standard packages and DirecTV doesn't, you will need to determine who's correct. Seeing you have what you want, what is the issue again?

Last edited:
charper1 said:
I am not sure what the problem is at this point, someone has a non-updated DB, cable companies work by seperate rules (so they don't count) thanks to the LAW, but if Dish has it in their standard packages and DirecTV doesn't, you will need to determine who's correct. Seeing you have what you want, what is the issue again?

He says he has to pay the extra 12 for the rsn that should be in his local TC package.

Jimbo

dragon002 said:
charper,
i checked meadville, state college and evans city , they all get 628

But not according to the url that DTV is using now which states we need the sports pack for $12. Did you call DTV? They contacted me via e-mail with this info.

FSN is part of the package by default. I get FSN Ohio so I am stuck watching the C-BUS Blue Jackets and we all Know they suck bad... LOL

It apears this guy does not want help, just to complain.

Your zip Code is not the same as you SSN number.

Roger said:
That doesn't matter because I've always got that RSN 428 on E* and cable and was told at the DTV URL when I checked it in January that I was eligible to get it with any TC package. Pick any 168XX because they all now say the same thing.
I had to call level 2 back in January and they stated they were having problems so they'd give me the Sports Pack until they fixed it. Now they're saying that 168XX you have to buy the Sports Pack which is total BS because I live in that RSN's region.

Try your 168XXX on this web site as well try both D* and E*

http://directv.fxep.com/

Now E*

http://dish.fxep.com/

If you find out something please let us know the suspense is killing us all !!!!

Last edited:
Sorry to butt in but this thread had me curious.. I have been with Directv for a year as a Total Choice subscriber. I have never got any RSN channels. I went to the link above and typed my zip and it said I should get:
FOXNY - FOX Sports New York - 624 - Total Choice
MSG - Madison Square Garden - 621 - Total Choice
I tried both channels and get neither... I am doing something wrong??

Willis said:
Sorry to butt in but this thread had me curious.. I have been with Directv for a year as a Total Choice subscriber. I have never got any RSN channels. I went to the link above and typed my zip and it said I should get:
FOXNY - FOX Sports New York - 624 - Total Choice
MSG - Madison Square Garden - 621 - Total Choice
I tried both channels and get neither... I am doing something wrong??

What is on the screen? Do you have a "721" message? You should be getting
the YES network too, I think. Call D* and tell them you are not getting those
channels. I had this problem a couple of months ago. They were able to fix it.

raoul5788 said:

I get the "721" message..my zip is 16928
So just call customer service? Will they give me a hard time? Now I am pissed I have missed these channels for a year!

raoul5788 said:

Ok.. I called Directv..told them I didn't receive ANY Fox RSN's..they checked my zip and said I should get 624 621 622..had me reset receiver, didn't help..had me unplug receiver, wait 30 seconds then plugged back in ..didn't help still with 624 622 621 but all the sudden had 615? ..they transfered me to a "Tech" he had me reset, didn't work..put me on hold for 10 minutes. He came back on and said I had to buy the Sports Pak to receive ANY RSN's..offered me Sports Pak for 2.00 a month for 6 months..told them no thanks..now 615 is off??? So any idea's?

FKy.Guy said:
Try your 168XXX on this web site as well try both D* and E*

http://directv.fxep.com/

Now E*

http://dish.fxep.com/

If you find out something please let us know the suspense is killing us all !!!!

Results: DTV- FOXP - FOX Sports Pittsburgh - 628 - Total Choice Sports/Platinum
E* - FOXP - FOX Sports Pittsburgh - 428 - AT 60 Plus

Bullsh!t!

Willis said:
Ok.. I called Directv..told them I didn't receive ANY Fox RSN's..they checked my zip and said I should get 624 621 622..had me reset receiver, didn't help..had me unplug receiver, wait 30 seconds then plugged back in ..didn't help still with 624 622 621 but all the sudden had 615? ..they transfered me to a "Tech" he had me reset, didn't work..put me on hold for 10 minutes. He came back on and said I had to buy the Sports Pak to receive ANY RSN's..offered me Sports Pak for 2.00 a month for 6 months..told them no thanks..now 615 is off??? So any idea's?

Escalate the call to more than a reg CSR or their super. Once you get an answer, ask WHY and get details.

charper1 said:
Escalate the call to more than a reg CSR or their super. Once you get an answer, ask WHY and get details.

So I am understanding correctly, I should get an RSN with only Total Choice?
The first CSR thought so, but didn't know why I didn't or how to fix the problem..
Could this be a phone line issue? My second reciever isn't hooked to a phoneline..

Thanks for your help

Status
Please reply by conversation.