Pissed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Willis said:
So I am understanding correctly, I should get an RSN with only Total Choice?
The first CSR thought so, but didn't know why I didn't or how to fix the problem..
Could this be a phone line issue? My second reciever isn't hooked to a phoneline..

Thanks for your help

They sent me to level 2 tech and they stated they were having problems with authorising the RSN's and gave me the Sports Pack and then credit my account until it was fixed. Now when they didn't credit my account they stated that I'm not eligible for the RSN when in January I was so I guess I'm screwed since they changed the zipcodes since last month. Call and complain!

The first CSR stated that I'd only get the RSN on the boxes that were connected to the phone line so check the box that you have connected to the phone line and see.

Willis For 12 bucks you can get Fox- Ohio and Pittsburgh. DTV must have their heads up their ass.

As per DTV: The 16928 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

With any TOTAL CHOICE® package:

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 621)
Buffalo Sabres

New York Rangers

New York/New Jersey Metrostars

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 622)
New Jersey Nets

With any TOTAL CHOICE® Premier package or
any TOTAL CHOICE® package plus SPORTS Pack:
Madison Square Garden (Ch. 621)
Buffalo Sabres

New York Rangers

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 622)
New Jersey Nets

FOX Sports Net Pittsburgh (Ch. 628)
Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh Pirates

FOX Sports Net Ohio (Ch. 637)
Buffalo Sabres

Cleveland Cavaliers

http://directv.fxep.com/ is different and doesn't mention YES.

Last edited:
Willis said:
So anyone have any ideas what I should do?

Did you check the box that's connected to the phoneline?
If not on the phoneline box then call and ask for level 2 tech support.

Roger said:
Did you check the box that's connected to the phoneline?
If not on the phoneline box then call and ask for level 2 tech support.

Yep the phone line is working on the main receiver (the other box s mirrored)..

I meant check to see if you get the RSN's on the box connected to the phoneline.
If not then call.

Roger said:
I meant check to see if you get the RSN's on the box connected to the phoneline.
If not then call.

Nope the box with the phone line gets zero RSN's...

Tell them to check to see what RSNs they have authorized in the computer. There was a problem earlier this year where the computer was assigning the wrong RSNs to accounts.

Newshawk said:
Tell them to check to see what RSNs they have authorized in the computer. There was a problem earlier this year where the computer was assigning the wrong RSNs to accounts.

I haven't called again today..need more coffee first!
Yesterday the CSR told me for my zip (16928) I should get 622 621 637 with my Total Choice package.. the Tech later told me I didn't receive ANY RSN's with my zip....

Ok... I just got off the phone with a level 2 tech..She comfirmed that I should be getting channels 621 and 622 with my Total Choice Package. She had me reset recievers again ..then she took me "off" system, not sure what that means..but the bottom line was she didn't have an answer as to why I am still getting 721 message.. put me on hold and got the ok from a supervisor to send someone out to my home at no cost to me, since for the last year I have never received these channels.. Anyone have any ideas what the guy will be able to do here?

Eric Goempel said:
The YES network is on by default? Not in my market.

No, not by default, by the zip code he is eligible for at least MSG and YES.

Willis said:
Ok... I just got off the phone with a level 2 tech..She comfirmed that I should be getting channels 621 and 622 with my Total Choice Package. She had me reset recievers again ..then she took me "off" system, not sure what that means..but the bottom line was she didn't have an answer as to why I am still getting 721 message.. put me on hold and got the ok from a supervisor to send someone out to my home at no cost to me, since for the last year I have never received these channels.. Anyone have any ideas what the guy will be able to do here?

They have had some problems with these channels recently. I occasionly find that
they are not available, but when I call, they manage to get them back on. I suppose
it could be something with your receiver or access card, but I have no idea what. If I
was you, I would ask for alot to make up for not having them for so long.

I think this is a widespread problem but many probably don't know what they're supposed to get. I have no idea what somebody coming to your house is supposed to do when it's a authorization problem IMO.

raoul5788 said:
They have had some problems with these channels recently. I occasionly find that
they are not available, but when I call, they manage to get them back on. I suppose
it could be something with your receiver or access card, but I have no idea what. If I
was you, I would ask for alot to make up for not having them for so long.

So would I talk to rentention about the "make up" ...I am pissed that I have been a year without these channels..

Roger said:
I think this is a widespread problem but many probably don't know what they're supposed to get. I have no idea what somebody coming to your house is supposed to do when it's a authorization problem IMO.

I think you are right, until this thread I had no idea I should be getting atleast 2 RSN's by my zip code...
I was wondering the samething, what can someone do coming here? I receive every other channel and even did get 633 when I had MLB Extra Innings last season(just games everything else was blacked out)...I think they are just passing the buck...

Any Installers out there have any ideas about this problem???

I can confirm that not having a phone line hooked up might cause a problem. That happened to me when I lived in Missouri. I don't quite understand why, but the CSR was able to correct the problem with no difficulty. j c

jalexand69 said:
I can confirm that not having a phone line hooked up might cause a problem. That happened to me when I lived in Missouri. I don't quite understand why, but the CSR was able to correct the problem with no difficulty. j c

Well I went out today and bought a wireless jack for my second reciever..all hooked up and running..still no luck

Willis said:
Well I went out today and bought a wireless jack for my second reciever..all hooked up and running..still no luck

Take it back for a refund. The problem is DTV not a phoneline. Even if the phoneline was a problem then you'd still get it on one box. Keep it hooked up for 24 hours then check, but the sports provider of DBS is the most anti-sport provider out there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.