DirecTV is pissing me off

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can we just all admit that both D* and E* have horrendous customer service after the sale and WILL use the "letter of the law" to weasel fees and contract renewals at every turn?

Just like any other company would. they write up the rules that they need to have followed, don't like it, move on , same with any company.

Just like any other company would. they write up the rules that they need to have followed, don't like it, move on , same with any company.
Not true, Just Satellite TV and Verizon and Cell phone companys.

They are the only things I've EVER had to commit to that were aloud to change the rules even after the contracts are set. The against the law for everything else, so why isn't it with these companys?

When I Lease a car, They can't raise the price in the middle of a contract.
When Buy a car the loan office, can't charge me fees for getting another loan and paying them off with it 2 years early because I didn't want to go with them anymore.

When I have tenant sign leases for my apartments, I can just raise the rent in the middle of the lease, just because I feel like it.

I can't remove their dishwasher, because the water is costing me more then it should. Like E* channel drops.

I can't raise the rent in the middle of a lease because the Fridge Crapped out and they don't make the same model anymore , so I have to buy them a better one. I can't make them sign another lease , just because its an upgrade.:rolleyes:

No its not All companys. 90% is Cell phones and Satellite TV.

My new unit is running really hot. Called and complained and I should be getting a different model today. I requested an H24 and the lady did put it in the notes (cannot guarantee it though). She did say I will not be getting another H20.

My new unit is running really hot. Called and complained and I should be getting a different model today. I requested an H24 and the lady did put it in the notes (cannot guarantee it though). She did say I will not be getting another H20.
So hot right, that resting your hand on it almost makes you pull away?

And I'm in construction, I wouldn't let my kids touch the top of that H20.

The Temp was 130* coming out of the top. Put your hand in 130 water, and see how long you can last.:D

Have to disagree with you here Jimbo...

Let me be clear that I DO think that both D* and E* have the right to do everything that they are currently doing. With that said, they are NOT just like every other company.

It is sneaky and even a little shady. They are not alone (cell phone companies and some banks and credit card companies use similar practices). But there are examples of companies with a MUCH better approach.

Let me give you a recent example and do a DTV comparison.

I was in the middle of a home theater build and about to buy A LOT of equipment from Amazon. They offer a "prime" membership that gives you free shipping and deep discounts on overnight. The catch is that it costs $79 a year to be a member. Amazon offers a trial 30 day membership at no cost or obligation.

They truly want you to try the service and in doing so, notify you NO LESS than three times that you can easily cancel at any time with a click of a button on your account page.

No hidden page or calling
No navigation hell to find it
No losing the service if you cancel 5 mins after accepting, you still get the 30 days.

In fact, I was sent a reminder email directly after signing up that provided a quick link to cancel notifying me that I would still get 30 days to try the service even if I cancel!!

Think D* or E* would do that? :confused:

No way... I recently had my D* install and LOVE the service. But noticed that I did not have ALL the HD stuff (HD Plus I think its called). The DTV site had a special that allowed me to try the HD Plus package for 3 months for $3.99 per month. The catch is you have to call in to cancel it and when you do you lose is right away.

Trust me when I tell you I will not get a call or email reminding me to cancel or be charged the normal price after 90 days. They are COUNTING on me forgetting and getting billled... its a revenue stream and Dish is no different.

I find it sad and yet amazing that just because some are used to and/or forced to deal with these practices because of limited options that a fraction of the people almost support it as acceptable when in fact it really is almost exploitive in nature.

But that is just my personal opinion... YMMV :)

What you're seeing is the difference between a customer oriented company like Amazon and a non-customer oriented company. Prime is an amazing service and well worth the $79. I get about 70% of my stuff overnight for free since I live pretty close to two amazon distribution centers. Its not even worth it to go to the store looking for something.

It is surprising but HD does look very nice on an SD TV.

This is due to directv sending a low bitrate SD picture, but in downrezzing the HD picture the receiver is sending a really nice SD signal by comparison.

Directv's SD quality used to be really good, darn near DVD quality for many channels. But thats no longer the case.

So hot right, that resting your hand on it almost makes you pull away?

And I'm in construction, I wouldn't let my kids touch the top of that H20.

The Temp was 130* coming out of the top. Put your hand in 130 water, and see how long you can last.:D
I opened the door to the room and the room felt like someone left the furnace on in there. I could not even put my face over the unit.

Not true, Just Satellite TV and Verizon and Cell phone companys.

They are the only things I've EVER had to commit to that were aloud to change the rules even after the contracts are set. The against the law for everything else, so why isn't it with these companys?

When I Lease a car, They can't raise the price in the middle of a contract.
When Buy a car the loan office, can't charge me fees for getting another loan and paying them off with it 2 years early because I didn't want to go with them anymore.

When I have tenant sign leases for my apartments, I can just raise the rent in the middle of the lease, just because I feel like it.

I can't remove their dishwasher, because the water is costing me more then it should. Like E* channel drops.

I can't raise the rent in the middle of a lease because the Fridge Crapped out and they don't make the same model anymore , so I have to buy them a better one. I can't make them sign another lease , just because its an upgrade.:rolleyes:

No its not All companys. 90% is Cell phones and Satellite TV.

Well there 3 you rattled off right away, I'm sure theres others if you want to keep looking.

When buying a car and you go to get another loan, you certainly can be charged differently.
There are charges for even paying them off EARLY in some cases.

If I refinance my home, I pay a penalty (sometimes) for paying it off early.
Then I get the privilege of paying CLOSING FEES, which is an addl fee .... same difference.

If I refinance my home, I pay a penalty (sometimes) for paying it off early.
Then I get the privilege of paying CLOSING FEES, which is an addl fee .... same difference.
Not the same, Because I'll own the home. I won't own D* HR.;)

Sometimes Jimbo , its ok if D* doesn't have an excuse for their nonsence.

It really is OK.:)

I deal with lots of companys daily, I can tell you right now, Directv , Dish network, and Verizon are the only companys I'll never trust with Autopay, or having my credit card on file. Thats why I love PA, Because those Satellite companys can't make me put a card on file.

Just swapped my H20-600 with an H21-200. Much much much cooler running machine. I little slower than the H20, but barely noticeable.

I did notice that it is a lot hotter than my HR20-100. Maybe I can put a little fan next to it, pointing inside the vent holes?

You would actually want to do just the opposite. The fan should be on or near vents blowing away from the receiver, like an exhuast fan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts