Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
A user from dbstalk took a DirecTV survey that made indication of an offering for NFL RedZone as a standalone monthly option (similar to Dish and Cable via NFL Network RedZone).

Very little details at this point, and considering it came from a survey I would call it simply positive speculation (not news), but the fact that they are thinking about it is a good thing.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=175200

Finally, DIRECTV subscribers who don't subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket can purchase just the Red Zone Channel (all the plays inside the 20 yard line and the other most exciting moments taking place in each game) on their television for an additional monthly fee.

I had it with Dish, and to be honest, waiting an additional hr to get it all on the NFL network, ESPN news or Sports Center would have been a better option in hindsight.

I had it with Dish, and to be honest, waiting an additional hr to get it all on the NFL network, ESPN news or Sports Center would have been a better option in hindsight.
i'd prefer to see it live. i watch D* redzone channel most of the time when the Packers aren't on.

I will order it in a second!!! Way to go DirecTV, I hope this comes to fruition!

I think this is their hesitation. If I got RedZone HD with my local channels, I would cancel my Sunday Ticket. I end up watching RZ or Pats/Eagles which tend to be on my locals so my need for ST is not as high as others. I do like a good game and will move around but the cost benefit to me is not there especially the yearly increases and the SuperFan add on.

I had Redzone with Dish, I think it gives a nice alternative to those who may not want the Ticket, while it moves very fast from game to game I liked it

Jason,
I wonder if the Survey mentioned anything about offering the ST with HD, WITHOUT the fantasy BS that many of us have no need for but are stuck paying for ....

Wish they would send ME the survey.

For me the RZC doesn't stay with a game long enough.

I admit, feels like you lose focus watching it. But was not bad. I got to catch up on the "Sunday ticket" posts to see what the price is looking like

I admit, feels like you lose focus watching it. But was not bad. I got to catch up on the "Sunday ticket" posts to see what the price is looking like

I've already paid for mine, but it was a while back and I don't remember what the final price was.
I packaged it with the whole bill for the year.

Jason,
I wonder if the Survey mentioned anything about offering the ST with HD, WITHOUT the fantasy BS that many of us have no need for but are stuck paying for ....

Wish they would send ME the survey.

Do you think that Red Zone which I like and Game Mix which I don't and the one that lets you watch any game on your computer (never tried it) are fantasy BS? They are what's in Superfan along with HD.

I received the same survey.

In addition to this it also asked if you would be interested in receiving the following.

1. Sunday ticket just on your mobile phone without buying the whole package for your receiver.
2. Sunday ticket just on your laptop without buying the whole package for your receiver.
3. A package where you could receive all three.

Do you think that Red Zone which I like and Game Mix which I don't and the one that lets you watch any game on your computer (never tried it) are fantasy BS? They are what's in Superfan along with HD.

I guess your not understanding what I'm saying:
I want the ST in HD, the majority of the channels if it's in HD comes as a normal channel in HD, you don't pay extra for it.
With the ST I have to pay an extra $ 100 for the right to have them in HD.

I need NONE of the stuff you mentioned, why am I paying $ 100 for the stuff you want when I have no desire or need for any of it.

Yes they are all designed for the fantasy fan, so you can keep track of your players when they go off the field to use the restroom.
I don't need the GAME Mix, it's useless, I have a 60" TV why would I want to watch these game in a 10" screen ?

The only thing I would like outside of the games in HD would be the Sunday Snap, it's basically a score guide.

They have nothing to do with fantasy. If you don't want them that's fine, just don't pass them off as being for fantasy players. I'm not a fantasy player and I like the Red Zone. You're not a fantasy player and you don't like it.

I'm wondering if the cost of the NFL Sunday Ticket has hurt subscriber numbers. It's painful for some who like me have paid for it in the past and seen 10 games shown in the local market. I would pay a lesser fee for the RedZone Channel or for computer only or iphone only access.

I would pay for ST for the Ipad only.

I received the same survey.

In addition to this it also asked if you would be interested in receiving the following.

1. Sunday ticket just on your mobile phone without buying the whole package for your receiver.
2. Sunday ticket just on your laptop without buying the whole package for your receiver.
3. A package where you could receive all three.

I would like to be able to buy the ST with the HD portion only.
By now it should not cost any more for the HD, ala the MLB EI package.

When the SF came out it was a gimmick to get people into the game tracker, sunday snap, red zone and what ever else they throw in there.
All I really want is the GAME IN HD, and the Sunday Snap channel would be cool.

WHY am I paying an EXTRA $ 100 a year for those items. HD should be close to free if not free, I don't mind paying a little more for it, but $ 100 is TOO much.

They need to offer a package price for those without HD and those WITH HD and another package that includes all the other stuff.

However, seeing the make ALL this EXTRA money from those that ONLY want the HD, they will continue charging as much as they can as long as they can.

Its already been mentioned that it seems like there is a very good chance HD, redzone, gamemix, sunday snap, shortcuts will all be included in ST this year.

+ reading all the posts didnt most people always get the $100 superfan free from directv anyways every year ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.