Possible NFL RedZone offering on Directv w/o Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok to stop any further specualtion from going around I will say what I been cleared to say on this .

Yes RZC can be had as a retention offer.

Is it Free? Yes and No It depends and no I cant tell you what it depends on.
So you either get it free or at a one time charge.

Does it help that I had NFLST before ? Yes

Are you going to answer any more questions on this offer ? NO

I just called to check on the RZC and they told me sure they could addiut but of course pitched the Sunday Ticket to me. They offered Sunday Ticket and D would pay for the first 3 payments of $49.99 if i pay for the last 3 payments and they would throw in Sunday Ticket to go. So i gladly accepted. Sunday Ticket = $150. I use to have ST but have not had it for about four years.

I posted this a few days ago in the Sunday Ticket discount thread:

Spoke to a rep last night about NFL. She quickly offered me a reduced price of $39.99 for 6 months ($240) and I said I can't afford that. I asked her about sportss pack and if Directv was going to add redzone like Dish did to the sports pack. She said wait a second and then offered free redzone as a standalone channel. She did offer me NFlST again after discussing redzone for the $240 but never dropped to the $180 price. I didn't pust the price though, I watch redzone or one of the nationally aired games most of the time anyway.

I did not have NFL last year but did the year before. I actually called to cancel Showtime but she offered $5 off that for 6 months so I kept it and we got to talking aboutother options. I am very pleased, as pratically always with Directv.

For what it is worth I had NFL Ticket for three years, 2006, 2007, 2008. I dropped it last year due to cost. I really enjoy RedZone but even the $150/$180 Sunday Ticket price is pushing it for me. I work 1 in 3 Sunday's which really hurts the value so to speak.

Hopefully DirecTV will see the DEMAND for it and offer RedZone as a standalone channel. I too would have gladly paid a fair amount for it ($5/mo for season or so) or as an addition to the sports pack. $49 is about the max I would consider.

Hopefully DirecTV will see the DEMAND for it and offer RedZone as a standalone channel. I too would have gladly paid a fair amount for it ($5/mo for season or so) or as an addition to the sports pack. $49 is about the max I would consider.

If they continue to drop the price of the ST, there wouldn't be the damand for the RZC.

Drop ST down to $ 150- $ 200, I think their numbers would skyrocket.

If they continue to drop the price of the ST, there wouldn't be the damand for the RZC.

Drop ST down to $ 150- $ 200, I think their numbers would skyrocket.

But weve been thru this befoe.

The NFL/networks like to keep a "cap" on the # of ST subs.

Has to do with not hurting ratings for tv ad/local revenue.

That why they luv that directv is the sole provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.