Possible NFL RedZone offering on Directv w/o Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I told u people....some didnt believe it....na na na na na:

per satracer:

"OK, now that it's been communicated internally and will start to arrive in your homes via notices in a few days, a little head start on a subject that has always been a big subject here.

YES, HD will be included in NFL Sunday Ticket this year WITHOUT SuperFan add-on in years past. You read that correctly....you get more features this year and you will SAVE MONEY in the process!!

NFL Sunday Ticket will now include HD games (assuming you have HD Access), Mix Channel, Red Zone and short cuts all in one service.

SuperFan has been retired and is awaiting induction into the HOF in a few years.

Now, the other big change is a new service called DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go. This is the online mobile streaming of games that was part of SuperFan last year, known as NFL Supercast. The price for that service will be $50, in 5 payments of $10 each.

Must have Sunday Ticket to subscribe to "To-Go".

The renewal price is $299.94 for NFL Sunday Ticket.

If you are renewed with the TO-Go package, you will actually save $20 off last year's NFL ST + SuperFan rate.

Renewals start next week, you don't need need to do anything now."

Last edited:
This will be my first year ordering it after a not having it for a year what non renewal price do you think it might be?

If the internet streaming version will go to a PC in my home thats attached to my tv, I'll be buying that for $50!

Good move and I think long time coming move by Direct to combine HD into the regular package. I think keeping the to-go package seperate is good, and there will be people intrested in that package as well. Looking forward in July or so to place my order, I left Direct for a bit so I wont have renewal price.

Now I'll have to see if I can get a credit towards the SF I already paid for. :eek:
This is one time my payment schedule may have backfired ....

Now I'll have to see if I can get a credit towards the SF I already paid for. :eek:
This is one time my payment schedule may have backfired ....

I imagine they will credit you automatically, or switch you to the "to-go" and credit the remainder. Either way you can of course change it by calling.

Glad to see Superfan gone. Was thrilled when they dropped it for MLB, and thrilled to see it gone for NFL (even though I didn't sub to NFL last year). The concept of charging to HD Access than again for HD game access was definately double-dipping.

Glad to see Superfan gone. Was thrilled when they dropped it for MLB, and thrilled to see it gone for NFL (even though I didn't sub to NFL last year). The concept of charging to HD Access than again for HD game access was definately double-dipping.

I agree, this is good news.

I have a question about the costs, compared to last year's renewal price. I don't remember the renewal price for last year (list price, excluding any CSR call-in discounts).

How does last year's renewal price compare with this year's price with HD included, and excluding any other options (no "to go" pkg, just the games in HD with the Mix Channel, Red Zone, etc)?

satracer also said the auto renewal price is $299.95 (or 299.99) plus five payments at ten dollar per if you want sunday ticket to go.

Agree about the superfan. I had the NFL ST from the first year it was offered and still got it the first year in which they offered the games in HD. But the second year of HD when they decided to add the extra $100 for the HD games, I dropped it and haven't had it since then. I was mad that they were charging us for something that was free the year before.

Alot of people (just read the posts from last season) called directv & were able to get superfan free....i have HD 3 yrs now & had never once paid for superfan.

Alot of people (just read the posts from last season) called directv & were able to get superfan free....i have HD 3 yrs now & had never once paid for superfan.

Yeah, I think I posted a link to that thread in this one. Or in the MLB thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.