Possible NFL RedZone offering on Directv w/o Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For example, at 4pm there are 4 games on. For some reason, DTV opts to not show a game, so we get 3 games and 5 blank windows.

Why not adjust to bigger screens?

This is one of many complaints I have with it.

For example, at 4pm there are 4 games on. For some reason, DTV opts to not show a game, so we get 3 games and 5 blank windows.

This is one of many complaints I have with it.

I don't know if changing to larger screens when less games are on is an option that is available to them.
It may be 8 screens or nothing.

The only games missing at 4:00 are blacked out games....they can not show them.

& as mentioned from what ive read they cant change on the fly the # of boxes so 8 is the default.

So they can't show them on the Game Mix channel, but they can show them of the individual channel? The case I remember last year was a KC/OAK game, I kept having to flip back and forth from that game to the mix channel.

This used to be the case with my Patriots too (I am in Boston), but last year they seemed to be included most of the time in Game Mix 1.

The should design a new window for Game Mix 2 then. They had 4 HD screens for the masters.

They simply shouldn't be using the 1pm template for 4pm games.

They probably kept the Kansas City/Oakland game out of the game mix to prevent people from becoming upset and throwing beer at their television.

So they can't show them on the Game Mix channel, but they can show them of the individual channel? The case I remember last year was a KC/OAK game, I kept having to flip back and forth from that game to the mix channel.

This used to be the case with my Patriots too (I am in Boston), but last year they seemed to be included most of the time in Game Mix 1.

The should design a new window for Game Mix 2 then. They had 4 HD screens for the masters.

They simply shouldn't be using the 1pm template for 4pm games.

KC/OAK in week 10 was blacked out so that why it wasnt on gamemix.

They cant show it on gamemix becasue then the markets blackout out of the game would still see it there....its on the individual channel cause your not in either of those markets.

As mentioned they cant switch during the day the # of boxes so they stay with the 8 boxes.

The masters was 4 but i think they stay at 4 all day as they dont keep switching the # either.

Sometime at 1:00 there could be 9 games so 1 game cant be shown but they usually bump the worst game.

The sunday ticket channel 112 is now active.

So if you had ST last year & are renewing you should have the "you are authorized" message.

The sunday ticket channel 112 is now active.

So if you had ST last year & are renewing you should have the "you are authorized" message.

Yup,
Interestingly if you hit the orange OK button, the screen goes BLANK !

You'd think maybe they could put NFL highlights on it or SOMETHING ....

Anyone over here getting the Redzone channel stand alone?, I am signed up for the ticket but just wondering, sounds like some have???

dtv is offering their rzc as stand alone. you have to talk to retention. the first csr i spoke with was clueless so i asked to be transferred to retention. it sounded like it is available for people who don't have sunday ticket.

Bunch of responses at dbstalk....but so far everyone that got RZ standalone had ST at one time or another.

Some got redzone standalone for free.
1 person was offered it for $49.99.
Some were told it doesnt even exist by itself (lol).

So just as all the other deals go it basically depends on the csr u get.

More from the department of inconsistency and different stories, just like I got when I called to ask about the $20/6 months ST credit and everyone assured me there was absolutely no such thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.