Pissed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
I ordered DTV and on 1/10 I used the zip code lookup for my RSN and it stated I'd get it with any TC or TC + package. I called DTV to complain and they said I should get it and put me through to level 2 tech. They said they've been having a problem authorizing them and that they would give me the sports pack and credit my account until they can fix it. Well they didn't credit my bill so I sent an e-mail complaining and now they said that I can't get one without a sports subscription.
So I went to the same URL that I did on 1/10 today and it stated that I could get it with Premiere or any TC + Sports Pak! This is BS! I get my RSN on cable and with E* so now I'm in the 2nd month of a 24 month commitment and am not happy. Why should I pay $12 for one channel I should get and do get with cable and E*?

Keep hammering them. Last fall I called them about every other day due to their screwups on college football and hockey. I kept asking for the address of the uplink center so I could send them bags of coffee to help keep them awake. Always ask for a supervisor.

For a "sports-centric" service they drop the ball constantly when it comes to sports.

Where do you live btw? Since it's still february you can still cancel without penalty by returning the IRDs they sent you. If it was a month later you would be locked into 24 months.

You don't need a sporks pack sub to get a RSN that is inside your area. I get mine without one and always have. What RSN are you asking for vs your zip if I may ask?

Its been over a month. On 1/10 my zipcode stated I get my RSN with a TC or TC+ and now they told me that I don't so I checked it today and it stated:

With any TOTAL CHOICE® Premier package or
any TOTAL CHOICE® package plus SPORTS Pack:
FOX Sports Net Pittsburgh (Ch. 628)
Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Pirates

So when they couldn't activate it last month they said they were having problems and would give me the Spots Pak then credit my account until they fix it. When they didn't credit my account I complained and you see the results above which differ from 1/10/06. I just did my zip at E* and I would get it with any of their packages Top 60+ or above. This is BS! Who can I complain to now since the above changed since 1/10/06?

roger,

im in donora pa, the mon valley, 628 is working fine here.

fox sports , the burgh.

my zip is 15033 what is yours?

charper1 said:
You don't need a sporks pack sub to get a RSN that is inside your area. I get mine without one and always have. What RSN are you asking for vs your zip if I may ask?

charper , i guaran damn tee an e-tailer lied to him.

I would also suggest instead of emailing them that you actually call them and ask to have you call escalated above a standard CSR or their supervisor.

It seems like everything with 168xx is now out which includes parts of Centre and Clearfield County while Dubois in Clearfield is elgible. Even counties north of me get it!

dragon002 said:
charper , i guaran damn tee an e-tailer lied to him.

OH, he used a 3rd party e-tailer? Could be that their zip DB is all messed up. I always tell my friends to stay away from those places. You might be correct.

Last edited:
Roger said:
It seems like everything with 168xx is now out which includes parts of Centre and Clearfield County while Dubois in Clearfield is elgible. Even counties north of me get it!

Unfortunately the distance to or from the arenas, nor common sense geography, come into play at all with how you are claimed or excluded from DMAs. These areas can and do change sometimes and it is all done by zipcode. AND if one DBS has you and one doesn't, someone hasn't updated their DB yet. I wonder who.

Last edited:
I ordered from DTV. Everything in the area that starts with 168 is not showing up which is BS!

Can you please send me the exact URL you used for RSN verification? I would like to see if it works for me and what it says.

I think he means he is trying know zips starting with 168xx and not getting any results; thats why I want the URL.

I looked up 16833 just for giggles and that is near Curwensville, PA if you know where that is, or if its in the correct area.

16155 is in Mineral Springs, PA

Last edited:
Everything surrounding me thats not 168xx has it.

Hey Roger, thanks for the URL, and it doesn't hurt to post your actual full zipcode, we can't do anything to you by having it, but it can help us zero in on your issue.

Last edited:
It works fine for me, just change you service address into on of the neighboring zipcodes, but maintain your current billing address. It might be that you got caught up in some sort of DMA update? What is your actual zip code?

LOCAL REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORK INFORMATION

The 16833 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

# Pittsburgh Penguins
# Pittsburgh Pirates

LOCAL REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORK INFORMATION

The 16855 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

# Pittsburgh Penguins
# Pittsburgh Pirates

Last edited:
You're missing the point. I have to pay $12 extra for it now while everybody surrounding me and me as of 1/10/06 got it in any TC package without the Sports Pack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.