Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I didn't ever watch this SD channel, but according to vulture.com it is going out of business.

Likely the reason for this announcement is so they can get buyers lined up for the network. It's instant access onto the cable/sat systems that it currently has contracts with. The question is, which of the mega-networks will be the one to acquire it.

A totally pointless channel. Unfortunately not the only one. Viceland, El Ray, Fusion, Aspire, Revolt, Justice.

There is more to making up a channel than picking some supposed underserved demographic and proclaiming yourself its channel.

No loss.

Reactions: edisonprime
A totally pointless channel. Unfortunately not the only one. Viceland, El Ray, Fusion, Aspire, Revolt, Justice.

There is more to making up a channel than picking some supposed underserved demographic and proclaiming yourself its channel.

No loss.
Good point about those channels. I think maybe we already have all the popular channels in HD anyway. Except maybe for FXM. El Ray has the Knight Rider and Airwolf reruns but I have seen the episodes of the shows multiple times anyway.

Nooooo! It's my favorite channel even though it's SD only. Can't remember any shows that air, wait never watched a second of it. :)

No loss.
I'm still upset that the parent company of History Chanel (forgot who it was) replaced H2 with Viceland. Got rid of a great channel for one that's completely awful. Plus Viceland is a propaganda network.

I'm still upset that the parent company of History Chanel (forgot who it was) replaced H2 with Viceland. Got rid of a great channel for one that's completely awful. Plus Viceland is a propaganda network.

Says the guy that wants the Blaze on Directv...

I like Revolt and FM, I am glad Directv added them. As for pivot... Never once watched it.

If you ask me there are too many channels, some could easily be combined.
most of these channels don't have enough programming to justify an entire channel. All the Byron Allen/entertainment studios channels (comedy tv, justice) are literally four shows cycled through with paid programming. Shows aren't even good anyway. Im sure they will all soon go the way of "pivot".

Hopefully some conglomerate can buy it and put some rare (free for them) reruns on it. Something like trio would be nice.

Says the guy that wants the Blaze on Directv...

I like Revolt and FM, I am glad Directv added them. As for pivot... Never once watched it.
Well, pardon me. I'm just not into a marijuana promoting network. If they want to have it, fine. I'm not for censorship. I just don't like it replacing H2. And I want the news network options a little more balanced out, and not just promote one ideology. And I never said I agree with everything on the news networks that I watch. There's plenty that I don't agree with on the networks that I watch. I also watch NBC, ABC, CBS, and occasionally CNN to hear the other side. So I do balance it out. I just want viewpoints presented from all sides. Otherwise it's not balanced.

I wish they would bring back H2, as well. I like some of the shows on Viceland - I wish they had done it in a way that would have switched out another channel for Viceland, not one of the better channels we had, which was H2. The term "marijuana promoting network" is a new one to me, you do realize it's legal in some form (medical/recreational) in most places in the US, right?

Pivot should become HD and Viceland. H2 should come back.

I wish they would bring back H2, as well. I like some of the shows on Viceland - I wish they had done it in a way that would have switched out another channel for Viceland, not one of the better channels we had, which was H2. The term "marijuana promoting network" is a new one to me, you do realize it's legal in some form (medical/recreational) in most places in the US, right?

Pivot should become HD and Viceland. H2 should come back.
Just because something is legal doesn't make it right (and life, not marijuana, is the most important issue to me). And only a couple of states have pot legalized for recreational use. I have mixed feelings about medical use, though. I could have mentioned the other stuff I don't agree with on Viceland, but we're not supposed to talk politics here, and discussing serious issues like that affects my anxiety. Hence, why I RARELY post on the Pit. Actually I rarely post on any message board anywhere anymore. Communicating online can get stressful for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts