pixelated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kuntryw

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
United States
on AMC 3C 95 on transponder 4040 all the channels are heavily pixelated.
i have a very strong quality at 80-95% and all the other transponders dont have it,just on 4040.
i have it set up as
TP-4040
SR-29110
Pl- H

i also notice some of the channels have strong signal quality but no video or audio,while other channels on those transponders work fine.
anybody else having these issues?

Might be weather in Little Rock, they've had storms off and on for about a week. I've never seen it affect c-band though. I'll check mine in a min, right now I'm on 137 NASA> That is NOT AMC3 at 95W- its Galaxy 3C (if that's what you meant, I couldn't find anything on AMC3 at 4040.)

edit: Swung the 1-' dish up there and looked, everything on G3 is pegging the meter , on 4040, WMQF and Daystar, ThisTV, etc..all look good. You may have some alignment problems, lnb or coax/connectors..

edit: Swung the 1-' dish up there and looked, everything on G3 is pegging the meter , on 4040, WMQF and Daystar, ThisTV, etc..all look good. You may have some alignment problems, lnb or coax/connectors..
ThisTV is on G3 too? I have it on AMC-3 here...:confused:

thanks for the replies,turbosat you are right it's galaxy 3c. i have a very strong signal with the quality ranging from 80-95 mostly around 90. we have had a lot of rain here in the past couple of months,N Al.so it may be that i have some rust but this system i just got new a few months ago and all the wiring is new. up until the last couple of days everything had been working just fine though. i wonder if my switch could be bad from all the rain or something? i'm using a disecq switch.

kuntryw I am about 30n of Bham so I know all about the wet weather lol. And it seems, you ARE Right about the G3 channels---just watching Fringe, on WMQF Fox, and it suddenly went black at 735pm, for no known reason. Fortunately the G18 feed of WMQF stayed on, which tells me it prob wasn't weather related. You prob have nothing wrong with your system, they just have a hitch in their equipment someplace on G3. (Now I get to try to record the show again on that Grt Falls MT Fox station on G18)

I also sometimes get pixelation on these channels wih 90 - 91 % quality on AMC 3C 95.
I figured it must be something with the TP fq because every other TP's on this sat works fine.

Its not heavy pixelation like kuntryw... just random glitches for me

good info Iceberg

It has to do with the 7/8 FEC

Most channels out there are 3/4 FEC so you can have a lower signal. But 7/8 FEC you need to be pinpoint accurate. Even with the 6 footer and a 70+ quality they can pixelate once in a while

on AMC 3C 95 on transponder 4040 all the channels are heavily pixelated.
i have a very strong quality at 80-95% and all the other transponders dont have it,just on 4040.
i have it set up as
TP-4040
SR-29110
Pl- H

i also notice some of the channels have strong signal quality but no video or audio,while other channels on those transponders work fine.
anybody else having these issues?

what receiver are you using?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts