Pixelation on TNT-HD????

UPEngineer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Chickasha, OK
I have read with interest about all of the pixelations on all the channels and the micro stutters and such but I have one question.

I seem to be having a problem with tnt-hd. the screen breaks up every 30-45 seconds (not whole screen just little parts). I have a 95-96 signal.

This is the only station I notice it on. Is this a feed problem from TNT or is it a VOOM problem.

I don't have any other HD service to compare it on. Regular TNT does not do this.

Thanks

P.S. I have had VOOM now for 2 weeks and all I can say is VOOM rocks!!! I am VaVa Voomin in Oklahoma!

I just read your message and turned to TNT-HD and haven't seen it. It is possible that it was there when you first reported it. Let us know if you still see it.

Thanks for replying Sean.

I went back to TNT-HD and it is still there but doesn't seem as bad. I really don't know how to describe it except it is like the screen tears across the entire width. 1/4 to 1/2 inch high. picture is back to normal in about 1-2 seconds.

It is watchable but annoying.....my signal strength right now is 96. This is the only channel it does it on....all other channels hbo, max and all is fine.

I've rebooted and tried just about everything. It is like the box loses the signal for a split second and then comes back in.

Oh well

Mies does that too ... one of the reasons I called to cancel but they talked me out of it. I am watching the game on Tivo since I get no OTA ABC ...

Sean way off topic but it there a reason we cannot have national HD feeds for these events? CBS did it for the SuperBowl ... channels 80 & 81 on D*

Back on topic I have various PQ issues ... TNT pops a lot Comedy Central has the starrie objects and Discovery usually doesn't look HD.

We also saw this problem last night on TNT-HD while watching a movie. Haven't checked it today. Just like the first post described -- once or twice a minute and a swatch of pixelation across the screen, not just a square here or there.

Yes, I just saw it too. It is very small and you have to stay in the channel for a few minutes. Don't know why this is happening. It was not there before.

I see it also. Like a horizontal line of squares bubbling up in the middle of screen for a sec or two then going away.

From what I know, pixelation is normally an indication of inadequate bandwidth. I remember a while back reading a thread about pixelation on HBOHD on D*, specifically, Star Wars II. The way they "solved" it was to use some sort of filter to reduce the bandwidth requirement. This eliminated the pixelation but led to a softer picture overall. Apparently,we have a choice: we can put up with occasional pixelation, or we can have a softer picture at all time.

I think we have seen this type of thing in other channels as well and I think they are working on something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)