Placed my Order! Plus got some info.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kyrak

Original poster
May 18, 2004
Hey all,

I will be Vooming June 5th if all goes well! While on the phone with the CSR I learned some things that might be news to some of you.

1) As long as your order is placed and scheduled before May 31, your install can be after May 31st and still get the no installation fee deal with the box rental.

2) Starting June 1st there will be a $199 installation charge for new service with the box rental plan with no programming commitment or contracts.

3) Starting June 1st the Voom plan will be $49.99 instead of $39.99. The Va Va Voom will remain at $79.99. Since I was getting the Va Va Voom, this doesn't effect me too much.

Hopefully everything will go as planned. :) I will let you know how my install goes.

Kyrak

Wow I've guess they've decided to put themselves in more debt by lowering their incentives to add new customers ;)

Kyrak said:
3) Starting June 1st the Voom plan will be $49.99 instead of $39.99. The Va Va Voom will remain at $79.99. Since I was getting the Va Va Voom, this doesn't effect me too much.

Are you kidding me? :mad:
$50+($9.50*2)+$5+phoneline = $94 before taxes.

TWC in Houston has digital cable for $40 + HD pack($7) = $47 before taxes. No phone line required, AND they have my locals-HD, RSN(in HD no less!), TNT-HD, Inhd1/2, and HDnet.

Looks like I'll need a change around 6/1. I've had the buggy box, Cinema Zero (zero as in things I want to watch), the lack of RSNs, and the OTA problems for too long. This is the last straw.

Yeah It's Cable on Satellite lol :no can someone say chapter 11?

astrossuperfan said:
Are you kidding me? :mad:
$50+($9.50*2)+$5+phoneline = $94 before taxes.

TWC in Houston has digital cable for $40 + HD pack($7) = $47 before taxes. No phone line required, AND they have my locals-HD, RSN(in HD no less!), TNT-HD, Inhd1/2, and HDnet.

Looks like I'll need a change around 6/1. I've had the buggy box, Cinema Zero (zero as in things I want to watch), the lack of RSNs, and the OTA problems for too long. This is the last straw.

Astro,
did you read his post? He said that the VaVaVoom package is still $79.99 and that's why it doesn't affect him. So, how is he kidding you?

If you get in before May 31st then the Voom package is $39.95 for the remainder of 2004.

astrossuperfan said:
It affects me because I am on the $40 soon to be $50 package. Did you read my post?
My understanding is that since you ordered before May 31st, your monthly rates are locked until the end of year ($40).

Wow, I'm glad I know about the $40 to $50 change. I'm getting rid of VaVaVoom because I can't stand non-OAR movies and if I would have waited until after 6/1 I would have canceled all together.

I thought Voom was trying to actually get new subscribers. Now they are raising prices for standard service. You might as well forget new members.

slffl said:
Wow, I'm glad I know about the $40 to $50 change. I'm getting rid of VaVaVoom because I can't stand non-OAR movies and if I would have waited until after 6/1 I would have canceled all together.

Is D* or E* any better in the OAR department?

Well Cablevision is statistically thehighest priced cable company in the nation. It shouldn't supriseyou they allready are doing a rate hike.

andrzej said:
Is D* or E* any better in the OAR department?

Calm down fanboy, did I say they were? I know it's the channels that don't provide OAR and not the service providers. However, VOOM was the first satellite HD service I had and I didn't know that the movie channels cropped the hell out of movies until I had already signed up for VaVaVoom.

That being said, it's one less reason for me to stay with Voom. I NEVER watch VOOM HD channels content (PQ can't beat content), and right now I'm just waiting on their PVR. If they charge a crapload for it like D*, then I might as well get an HD-Tivo, if they lease it and the client/server stuff works out, I will probably stay with V*.

While I agree that something needs to be done to allow the installers to make more $$ than before, I will need to take a look at VOOM more seriously now to avoid paying the $199.

Now for some of your opinions:

I have an existing 61.5 28" dish on E* that is not being used now. I have my own OTA antenna that works great.
If I told the installer to just tap into these, would he do it or would he insist on mounting some new dish in the center of my yard or drill new holes through my roof? The "unprofessional" installer is my worst fear with VOOM. What do you think I am in for with these guys. Do I need to scout out the installers in the area, befriend them so they will work with me on it or are they instructed to work with the customer? Do I need to lay a $50 tip on them to get cooperation? What has been the general practice with the VOOM installers?

As a reminder- I said I would consider VOOM when their hardware wasn't soooo expensive. Time is now with the rental period. Also, I said I didn't want the installer ruining my current system or drilling holes in my roof. Voom is listening in part so I need to now make a decision to save the rate increases.

voom needs a check up from the neck up!like soemone said we pay a extra $15-20 bucks for an outdated land line that voom is going to require.i just do not see why they have to raise the price for the basic package.why cant they do something like waive the rental of the stb if you get the vavavavoom package.that would entice some, and not hurt anyone new wanting to get voom.i am by no means a marketing pro, but that makes more sense to me as a consumer of voom.i want the vavoom package, but am holding off for a month or so while we do not rent or buy any new movies.i would rather spend the extra $40 on getting movies in hd.

So the rate hike doesn't go into effect until 2005 if I was on the lease program before 5/31? That makes it a little better, but Voom really needs to get inhd and RSNs *badly* by then if they want to keep me as a customer.

I did figure the cost of a phone line in my sat bill because if Voom didn't require a landline, I wouldn't have one. Therefore I look at the phone line as an added cost. My local cable company does not require a landline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts