Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish Arc Adjustment

Found it! Hope this may help you.

Attachments

• Dish Arc Adjustment.JPG
    Dish Arc Adjustment.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 123
To see if that dish is warped, do the two string test: one string hortizonal (centered at dish) and the other verticle (centered at the dish). If the strings at the center of the dish doesn't touch, the dish is warped.

I hope this info on the arc adjustment may stop you from going thru all the trouble of taking the dish off and reassembling all over again.

The info is awesome! I had been thinking about moving my setup to a better location.....this just might make me do it. I am toying with several options at the moment :)

Thanks MrFTAMan for the information and files!

You're welcome, Tron!
I've been thinking... :book:
Maybe Iceberg and the moderators ought to create a new section on this forum about satellite installation. It is strictly about installing satellite systems, C Band, Ku Band, 4DTV... with charts, drawings, diagrams.
Just have a section for FTA and satellite hobbists to go to and learn how to install any thing from line of sight finding, setting and plumbing a pole to finetuning a dish. Members can donate info on anything about installation, with approval from our modulators.
Just a reference section, nothing else!
If someone in the regular forum posting about having problems with their system, then somebody can suggest to go to the "Installation" section.
Recently a 4DTV section was created with huge success! :D
Just a thought...

Recently I came across a site that mentions about planting a pole for a satellite system and how much cement to use. I will be looking for that info and post it (soon).

THanks to all for the advice! I seem to have things back in order. Here is what I did - not sure if it was one thing or several that was causing problems:

I but my old 80cm Fortec back up. Put the old Fortec Universal LNB back on. Peaked the dish at my true south satellite. Did a factory reset on my receiver. Adjusted/tightened up the backlash on the motor.

I now get all satellites and am getting everything with good signal quality. I even have some hot tp's in the 80's on several birds :)

I do still have one problem. RTN - I just can't get a lock on it. I get the NBC bars just a booming in, but no go on RTN. At least I can get RTN OTA.

So, No I need to see if my 90cm is warped, and replace the broken bolts. THen I will set it up and attempt to get RTN. THANKS again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts