Playback bug encountered with HR20-100 (0x17e)

cmeans

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Chicago, IL
I've only encountered this bug once, but I felt it was worth mentioning:

Watching a recorded show.
Pressed List.
Selected the active show an pressed the "dash" key twice to delete it.
Scrolled down and opened a folder (Dead Zone)
First entry was automatically selected (Episode named "Drift", recorded Sunday night).
Pressed play.

I then got a notice box (white text, blue background) indicating that the "Copyright holder would not allow playback"...or something like that.

I clicked OK.

I then got another notice box, this one indicated that I no longer had service (I forget the specific error message or code).

I clicked OK.

I clicked Play again, and it seemed fine. No other issues since then.

-Chris

I've only encountered this bug once, but I felt it was worth mentioning:

Watching a recorded show.
Pressed List.
Selected the active show an pressed the "dash" key twice to delete it.
Scrolled down and opened a folder (Dead Zone)
First entry was automatically selected (Episode named "Drift", recorded Sunday night).
Pressed play.

I then got a notice box (white text, blue background) indicating that the "Copyright holder would not allow playback"...or something like that.

I clicked OK.

I then got another notice box, this one indicated that I no longer had service (I forget the specific error message or code).

I clicked OK.

I clicked Play again, and it seemed fine. No other issues since then.

-Chris

Can you duplicate this problem or was it a fluke thing ?
Did you do this WHILE watching a recorded show, or is the first line to show HOw you went about it >

Jimbo

I tried your steps, but did not have any errors, but I am running a newer software than you are at the moment. (Ox18a)

Jimbo

I've not yet tried to reproduce the problem.

The step I outlined are the exact order in which things/actions occured.

Unfortunately, I had a friend over last weekend, so it wasn't convienient to get the latest update. :mad:

I've tried a few times, and have not yet been able to reproduce this "bug".

Should I only report reproducable bugs?

-Chris

No report all things that dont work as you would normally use the DVR even if its once. Do come back and report if its repeatable.

cmeans,
definatly report them, that way others have a base to work off of if they see the same thing.
I was just asking if you could make it happen to see how frequent it is happening and to see if we could produce it as well, the more that can do it, the sooner it will get fixed.

That said, if you cannot get it to do it again, it may just be a fluke happening, but let us know if it does happen again.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts