Playon for your HR receivers 1/2 price

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
California
Playon is half price until the end of June, $19.99 normally $39.99. Use code "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PLAYON1999" during checkout for the discount price.

Playon runs on a desktop or laptop computer on your network, and provides a media feed to your HR series, an xbox 360 or playstation 3 to deliver netflix, hulu, etc to the STB/game console. Pretty easy to configure, works well most of the time, and has a ton of plugins to add additional channels like NFL.com, Food, HGTV, etc.

PlayOn Digital Media Server & ActiveTV | MediaMall Technologies

PlayOn Plugins - Unofficial Plugins - Development - Help - Index

Download the free 14 day trial and to try before you buy.
[/FONT]

Playon is great for Netflix and Hulu. I bought it right before it went to final realease a year or so ago. It works rather nicely and worth $20 without a doubt.

I use the free version of TVersity which works great.
TVersity - Home

Does tversity do netflix or hulu? Last time I tried it, it was just a local media server and was a little quirky and complicated to set up for internet video.

How is the newer version for transcoding dvd's loaded on an htpc hard drive? So far I havent had a ton of luck with the beta capability in Playon.

I know it does Hulu. I don't think it does Netflix though. I mostly use it as a local server for You Tube clips and video files. A few months ago when I tried both, it worked a lot better than Play On for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)