Please Help! Hd Question!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Albertn83

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Could someone help me out here!

I'm thinking of getting HDTV with Direct TV, but I want to test it out on my TV first, so my question is, if I could get a Buddy of mind to let me borrow his HD receiver would I be able to try out the receiver at my house, even though the HD Satellite is at his house.

Thanks,
Albert N.

Albertn83 said:
Could someone help me out here!
I'm thinking of getting HDTV with Direct TV, but I want to test it out on my TV first, so my question is, if I could get a Buddy of mind to let me borrow his HD receiver would I be able to try out the receiver at my house, even though the HD Satellite is at his house.
Thanks,
Albert N.

With an antenna you could look at ota signals, but not anything off of the satellite.

Chip

Sorry, I Don't Know Exactly What You Mean.
Could You Explain It A Little More To Me.

Thank You Very Much!

Albertn83 said:
Sorry, I Don't Know Exactly What You Mean.
Could You Explain It A Little More To Me.
Thank You Very Much!

If you have an antenna to pick up local stations, then the Directv box will work,
but you need the dish to be able to view signals from the satellites.

Chip

I do have a regular direct tv satellite at my house. So all I have to do is replace my receiver with his and I should be able to pick up the HD signal right??? Or do I have to bring his satellite dish too...lol???

Albertn83 said:
I do have a regular direct tv satellite at my house. So all I have to do is replace my receiver with his and I should be able to pick up the HD signal right??? Or do I have to bring his satellite dish too...lol???

Sorry, I didn't realize you had a dish already. To get hd, it must be at least
a 2 lnb type.

Chip

Status
Please reply by conversation.