Please help!! HH motor Stab, 36" Fortec

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmieb

Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
04-26-2006

HELP ME, please.

I purchased a Coolsat 5000 Platinum, 36" Fortec dish, LNB, HH90 Stab Motor. I have followed the direction for assembly of the HH 90 and Fortec 36" dish. Per instruction manual I have made assembly and the final assembly looks like the picture, This assembly per instruction manual and directions, I believe is incorrect.

Problem: It appears the motor will not turn the Dish from East coast to West coast.

It appears the motor will rotates the dish in a semi circle pattern moving the LNB bar from a zero South position to a rotated "up" position of a circle. The dish does not change from it's true South position. The motor makes the dish rotate the LNB bar from bottom of the dish to a position up left side of dish and when the motor changes direction the dish rotates back down to start position "0" meter position and then back up to the opposite side till motors end.

Is this what is intended? Is this correct?

Should the dish be moving from the "0" South toward the East coast of US and or moving from "0" South toward the West coast of the US? I have not activated the unit as yet and what I describe is what I see visually. I would appreciate a user of this type of equipment discribing the motor function of the HH90 and what they see as to dish movement.

Thank you,
jimmieb

jimmieb said:
04-26-2006

It appears the motor will rotates the dish in a semi circle pattern moving the LNB bar from a zero South position to a rotated "up" position of a circle. The dish does not change from it's true South position. The motor makes the dish rotate the LNB bar from bottom of the dish to a position up left side of dish and when the motor changes direction the dish rotates back down to start position "0" meter position and then back up to the opposite side till motors end.

Is this what is intended? Is this correct?

What do you mean by moving the LNB bar? The whole dish assmebly should be connected to the motor which results in scanning the Geostationary arc. This also means that the motor will skew the dish as it is moving to East or West according to the LNB skewing angles.
Your LNB should be mounted at 0 degrees on the dish and the motor will take care of skewing it. When pointed to your true south position, everything should be in "neutral position".

Last edited:
Thank you for assisting.

I am new to FTA. The language of FTA is like a foreign language but I really like the thought of searching the sky. So I will learn or else.

The entire dish moves which makes the LNB move. The clamping of the attachment does clamp to the back of the dish on the bar that holds the LNB in front of dish. All looks proper per book instructions. The instructions have created my problem. The motor will point downward about 45 degrees and when the dish attachment is connected to the motor, the pointer for neutral will be looking at the ground, when motor is activated the pointer will move downward arc to 65 degrees, reverse the motor and it will move the pointer upscale back to 0 (neutral) and then it will travel down 65 degrees. This action will make the dish spin in a semi circle causing LNB bar at bottom of dish to travel with the spin in a upward direction.

The Geostationary arc is not scanned in a left to right motion. I live in Kansas at 37.06 N and 94.65 W pretty much the middle of the US so to me left would be East , right would be West as I look South. The Stab manual pictures the motor location in the position I have it. I believe in order to scan the arc the dish would need to move from neutral to the left (New York), right California. The Stab manual clearly states not to position the motor different from instructions. I have never watched a dish in motion perhaps this pendulum effect works.

04-27-2006

global0. Thank you for assisting. The information was valuable. I also looked at the Satellite in motion, it is as I thought it might be. I received a E-mail from Fortecstar and it has good advise I wish to share, perhaps it can help others:

Hi Jimmie,
If you follow the instructions everything should be fine. I guess that your confusion comes from the fact that the motor doesn't move east or west but goes a little bit down as well. This is the way it should be. The reason for that is the looking to the satellite positions from the earth their locations build an arc. The satellite which is closest to your south will be the highest. When you are looking for another satellite, east of this position the dish has to be moved not only to the east but lower as well.

So here is what needs to be done.

* You have to assemble the dish and the motor.
* The motor should be set at elevation 37°
* The dish should be set at elevation 37° as well
* The satellite closest to your south is G3C at 95°W. Keep in mind that there are not a lot of channels there you can get so when you are trying to get the best signal you should be looking for the signal on TP 11,780 H 20,760.
* The way you have to look for the signal is to move the dish with the motor together around the pole east and west until you find the strongest signal. After that you might need to adjust the elevation of the dish. To get this satellite from your location you have to point the dish to 179°.

Make sure that you have the right setting for the LNB in your receiver. As for all FTA channels it has to be a linear type, not the circular type which is used for Dish Network.

I hope that this will help you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts