please help me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I am currently owing directv $1300. The problem is that I don't think I owe that much. I want to dispute the amount because:

1: Most of the price was sports packages which i didn't watch and want to find a way to get them taken off.

2: my hd dvr is also on there I still have it sitting here and I want it removed from the fee.

3: I'd be willing to make a comittment to 4 or 5 years of service with NO late payments and limited ppv for a year if that's what it would take to reduce, erase or work out some sort of agreement to get service restarted.

I think this is fair, but i want your opinions as well. Who do I need to call or email to see about getting this done?

thank you

In case anyone cares, he made the same post at dbstalk. I don't think he gets it.

I just wanted an number or email address of someone i can talk to that's all. I don't want them to attatch my wages so I want to talk to them before that happens and see what we can work out.

I just wanted an number or email address of someone i can talk to that's all. I don't want them to attatch my wages so I want to talk to them before that happens and see what we can work out.

From reading some of your other posts at dbstalk, you aren't very good at paying your bill. It sounds like you need financial counseling.

the problem is i want service turned back on. They had talked to me about if i had service restored i would have the non-returned dvr fee removed. Then again these are the same people who told me if i paid $800 they would consider my account paid off. I cashed in my stock and sold some things and had a debit card with 900 on it and said here are my numbers i'm calling to pay off my account and suddenly they couldn't find any evidence that they agreed to let me pay $800 to pay off my account. I talked to 6 supervisors who got agitated and all hung up on me. I called coporate with the same response saying something like "whoever told you you could have service restored for $800 will be fired because they didn't have authority to do so." Maybe I am better off letting them write off my account and taking the hit on my credit for 7 or 8 years than trusting people who take back a word they promised me they would keep.

the problem is i want service turned back on. They had talked to me about if i had service restored i would have the non-returned dvr fee removed. Then again these are the same people who told me if i paid $800 they would consider my account paid off. I cashed in my stock and sold some things and had a debit card with 900 on it and said here are my numbers i'm calling to pay off my account and suddenly they couldn't find any evidence that they agreed to let me pay $800 to pay off my account. I talked to 6 supervisors who got agitated and all hung up on me. I called coporate with the same response saying something like "whoever told you you could have service restored for $800 will be fired because they didn't have authority to do so." Maybe I am better off letting them write off my account and taking the hit on my credit for 7 or 8 years than trusting people who take back a word they promised me they would keep.

IMHO, you would be better off just paying your bills.

I agree with the others on here. Not sure how you could accumulate a $1300 balance without a ton of PPV and sports package purchases. That's not Direct's responsibility, it's yours. If you want service restored, find a way to pay your total balance and then be responsible enough to not repeat your mistakes again.

By his own admissions he has a history of having trouble paying his bills. I can't and won't support people who, in the long run, wind up costing us all more money to make up for their poor financial behavior.

I am currently owing directv $1300. The problem is that I don't think I owe that much. I want to dispute the amount because:

1: Most of the price was sports packages which i didn't watch and want to find a way to get them taken off.

How is this their problem? You did order them did you not?

2: my hd dvr is also on there I still have it sitting here and I want it removed from the fee.
Sounds like something you should have taken care of before the bill got so high

3: I'd be willing to make a comittment to 4 or 5 years of service with NO late payments and limited ppv for a year if that's what it would take to reduce, erase or work out some sort of agreement to get service restarted.

I think this is fair, but i want your opinions as well. Who do I need to call or email to see about getting this done?

I doubt they will make a deal like this with you considering you already have a high outstanding balance.

I am sorry, I know times are tough right now, but I do not see where you have a valid argument for getting it reduced

Edit: I knew something sounded familiar here. This is the same guy that started the thread about stealing his fathers social and running up a bill in january.

What does that mean? Read the terms and agreements . You order a sports pack you pay for it whether you watch it or not. When your service is suspendid you give your equipment back.
But Most important of all,

When Your Bill is Due,,,,,,

YOU PAY IT !!!

i decided to file bankruptcy again. There is no way i can pay off all of these bills.

I understand "stuff happens" and these are hard times for many folks. I don't know your particular situation but from your own postings here and other sites you, by your own admission, have had more than a few problems with debt and bills for what appears to be several years. I wish you the best but you really need to get your act together.

What if somebody says send me all your money and all your bills? What would you want them to do? The whole point of things like account numbers is to keep transactions between individual customers and vendors confidential. AND are you saying you ordered sports events and didn't watch them so you don't want to pay for them OR are they incorrect charges?

Joe

What if somebody says send me all your money and all your bills? What would you want them to do? The whole point of things like account numbers is to keep transactions between individual customers and vendors confidential. AND are you saying you ordered sports events and didn't watch them so you don't want to pay for them OR are they incorrect charges?

Joe
From previous threads I have seen him post, he did in fact order them, then decided he did not want them.

He could do what the last few DTV installation companies did with me and other techs. Write checks until they start to bounce. Then leave town. He could use a line I heard,"I can't pay you if I'm in jail."

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts