Please help this extreme green newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbellos

Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
los angeles
Can someone please help me with setting up a KAKU direct tv hdtv sat 5 lnb dish and system. I currently have just a regular dish (non HD)with 2 cables that go all the way to my dvr. This new dish has 4 cables and I am completely unfamiliar with HD. Someone told me I need a LNB switch? Others told me I do not. I am going to order a new HD DVR from direct tv but need to see how difficult the install will be...Can anyone give me HD Satellite installation instructions for dummies type of help....please.....

:welcome to SatelliteGuys......

We need your zip code to help you on setting up the dish better. Also with just what info you have given so far you want need a switch.

zip code

the zip code is 91007 but my questions are more to do with the wiring from the dish to receiver and anything in between....I was also told that this dish has a built in switch but I do not see anything...I appreciate ANY help you can give not so much on the alignment (i'll worry about that when and if I ever get that far) but actually on the physical set up and components.

Thanks again

I was also told that this dish has a built in switch but I do not see anything

If you want to see the switch tear the LNB apart, it's built into it like I said. If the KaKu LNB has four connections on it the switch is built in, if it has only one then it's a SWMLNB which is totally different.

For future expansion, make sure you run all four lines from that dish to a common location. Then distribute from there to the receiver locations. There is no need for an additional multiswitch if you don't have more than four tuners.

Thank you!!

Holy cow you guys are helpful!!!! Thank you all for all of your help. With that link I was able to download install manual...Thank you again...you will probably hear from me when it is alignment time!:D

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if you are upgrading to HD & ordering the receiver from DirecTV, they should send out an installer to upgrade your Dish for you.:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)