Please help with Tailgate Setup tomorrow!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cudmd

Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
So for years I tailgated with an old H20, and either a slimline dish or a 18" round depending on the TV size we brought. Well, now after upgrading I no longer have that old reciever. I do have an H25, HR44, and C41 (genie client).

Will any of these work with an 18" dish, and if so, can I just run a single wire to the 18" LNB without a mulitswitch like I use to?

Also, If do bring my Slimline dish, will my old LNB and a single cable work with any of these, or do I need to bring the new slimline SWM LNB and power inserter (and do I need the SWM mulitswitch if I only run one tv?)?

Thanks a million!

None of those work with the 18" dish. You need a swm setup for all of them. Bring the power inserter too, but no switch.

You can either use a swm lnb or a standard ka/ku lnb with a swm8 or swm16 switch. Either way you will need a power inserter. The switch requires the 29 volt model, the swm lnb can use either the 21 or 29 volt one.

This guy's a troll. He has 3 threads all running on the same subject.

A troll for not knowing how to hookup my equipment? THanks for being unhelpful.

Thanks for your help Chip, it was much easier than I thought. I made the big mistake of bringing all the equipment last year and then couldn't get a signal because I was using the 18" dish, which I didn't know you couldn't use until I found this site....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)