Please help..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bogey2

Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
I currently have Directv with 3 tvs. From the dish I have two feeds in to a multiswitch. Coming out of the multiswitch are four feeds, one to each of two receivers/tvs and the other two to a dvr/tv. My goal is to get a dvr on one of the other tvs but it is up stairs and I was hoping to do this without running an additional "home run" and having to buy a larger mutiswitch. Are there any other options??? Thank you.
Ed

You will have to have 2 lines from the multiswitch for a DVR

IF you want to be able to record two shows at once, or use it to watch something other than what your recording.
If you don't need to watch something else (like recording on a bedroom tv, and have other TV's to watch, you would not nessasarily need the 2nd line)

IF you want to be able to record two shows at once, or use it to watch something other than what your recording.
If you don't need to watch something else (like recording on a bedroom tv, and have other TV's to watch, you would not nessasarily need the 2nd line)
Right a single line will feed 1 tuner, you loose functionality but the DVR will still work with only 1 line connected.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)