Please Read: Uplink Report Update by Scott

The air is thin in Denver, they are not smart enough to listen to me. :(

Imagine the excitement they could generate if they promoted what they doing?

No offense, but I think there's the possibility E* is feeding you some BS now. So much seems to go nowhere these days. This may be an attempt to appease subscribers.
I dont think we can take anything seriously coming from Denver.

If Dish said they were negotiating with X channel, they'd come under subscriber pressure for NOW NOW NOW! Better to take a little heat and just put it out when they can.

Same for Eastern Arc. Whatever they'd release, they'd come under siege for more info, and do it NOW NOW NOW. Better to hold off, than to announce, and then experience delays.

Scott, dont listen to people. I (and many of us) know that you always try your best. Keep posting whatever you hear or come across with. Your posts gives us some hope. I understand that its not in your control if sometimes they dont come true. Come on Scott......keep it going.

No offense, but I think there's the possibility E* is feeding you some BS now. So much seems to go nowhere these days. This may be an attempt to appease subscribers.
I dont think we can take anything seriously coming from Denver.

Are black helicopters flying around.

Have you not gotten it yet? Dish does not care. They do not care about us here and they do not wish to communicate. Scott and the staff is our communication and I appreciate what they do.

Ok then I wont post anymore on it. To bad too we saw some very interesting stuff last night.

Scott, you make it known that you don't work for Dish and always call it like it is. Your harsh words about the Tech Chat this week proved that. Don't let one post stop you from telling the rest of us what you know and believe to be true. As you said, "the air is pretty thin in Denver" and it's doubtful that they are smart enough to feed you bad info, just so you post it here to appease us. Keep your "rumors" coming!

I am sure that you don't doubt the integrity here. My point is that I really, really doubt that Dish would throw crap out there to get it leaked and go another direction on purpose. We are not talking about the CIA.

Since my question appears to have gotten buried, I'll ask again. If all this activity is happening at 61.5, what about us folks who use 129 and can't get 61.5? I thought that nothing would be happening at 129 until Ciel-2 goes up at the end of the year.

Dish did announce their immediate HD plans and Scott posted them here last week. In the upcomming local HD thread a lot of markets are going to get HD LiL. That is where they are currently spending their satellite resources. Once they get R12/R1 in spot beam mode to cover all the promised markets (note some are Q1 which only has 6 weeks left, and before a satellite will be launched) they should free up some capacity for national HD.

Since my question appears to have gotten buried, I'll ask again. If all this activity is happening at 61.5, what about us folks who use 129 and can't get 61.5? I thought that nothing would be happening at 129 until Ciel-2 goes up at the end of the year.

129 should be fine unless your LiL HD is on 61.5. They have some capacity on 129, they just cannot use it for national HD unless they have room for it on 61.5. They have to match or customers would go crazy if channels were on one but not the other. 61.5 is just being rearranged right now for spot beam activation. Once the spot beams are on it looks like it will have a couple transponders free up for national HD which it can mirror with 129.

I have frequented message boards for years and one thing stands out very vividly: Some posters like to bite off the hands that feed them. Or, to put it more succinctly, they like to eat their own.

I find it unacceptable and unreal that some of us are so bold as to challege, just for the sake of being argumentative, those who know more than we do.

Carry on Scott; sc#$w the dissenters! :mad:

Last edited:
Come on Scott, you don't see Bill Hunt give up when gets some critisizm. And he is wrong about 85% of the time.
I just think you need to be alert to how Big our hopes get when there is ANY news (or rumors) about new HD content. It's the only thing keeping some of us from jumping over to D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)