Plez help..about WD TV!

BK94541

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
San Francisco
I just bought from AMAZON.COM.. Unit call “WD TV HD media player”..i don’t know anything about it or anyone I know has this unit I think is neat. I have dish and my sis have U-VERSE..and her box don’t have USB like dish has to connect my external harddrive to it and watch movies I copy from TV ..so I ‘m asking the unit plays my external hardrive I recorded from dish in my DVR and transfer them to WD/my book external?? I don’t know what format would be for that WDTV? Would play if I connect it?

Thanks Jim..
so means that WD TV i just orderd then dont work with what i wanna do in my sis house ? Do u know anything about that WD TV unit works? because is newer unit & love things about it plays 1080p and have hdmi this unit u saying is old school lol, i mean the connections & price is way high too!..Anyway let me know if u know more about dishDVR transfer to external then plays in WD TV or is anyone know :)

Thanks & merry XMAS:)

Last edited:
I have had a WDTV for about 3 weeks, and it is a great little unit, they posted a firmware update for it a couple of days ago, I have a 6 year old mac with usb 1 and firewire so I download to an external HD with firewire and then use the usb2, on the ext to hook to the WDTV. I dont copy dish stuff to an external so I dont know about that, but I do know the WDTV has already built a large following on AVS Forum whose members are very enthused about the unit, I recommend you check that out *New* Western Digital - WD TV HD Media Player - AVS Forum It plays just about everything and the WD engineer in charge is monitoring the forum and listening to input, something a bit unique in my experience. If you ask that question their they will probably know. Merry Christmas.

Thanks ronton3
Glad u liked it & know I will., but most I bought it because of that reason in my sis house show my recording in dish ..ya I heard a lots good story about it will see when i get that next Friday…anyway thanks for AVS thing I’ll check that out. see if anyone have dish there anyway
Thanks and good week-end J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)