What TV or A/V components are you buying this season?

What A/V components are you buying this season?

• HDTV under 40"

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • HDTV 40" or more

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Front projector

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • A/V Receiver

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Blu-ray player

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Game console

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Speakers

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Just curious: what Audio/Video toys are you guys buying this holiday season for yourself and your family? :)

Added "None of the above" option to the poll. ;)

I just finally upgraded my 34" CRT 1080i TV to a Panny 46pz800u plasma and picked up the BD35 at Amazon to get the $300 promotional discount. BD35 arrives today, TV sometime within the next week.

I got all I need/want at the moment! Might add a couple of BD titles but that would be about it...

I think I'll start counting blessings this season and do some extra volunteer work...

Well, I have a great TV (60" Pioneer Kuro), great AV Receiver (Denon 3808), BluRay Player (PS3), Great Sub (SVS PB 12), my next purchase will be speakers, but I'm not sure what yet (or if it will be for the holidays).

Well I got my Hitachi X902 and Panasonic players in Oct., so nothing I really even need at this point. COme next March is a whole different story :D I already know what's coming then.

S~

Well I got my Hitachi X902 and Panasonic players in Oct., so nothing I really even need at this point. COme next March is a whole different story :D I already know what's coming then.

S~

Do tell???

Im torn between a rcvr and sub. Will just impulse buy when the end of Dec gets here :)

Just got my Samsung LN52A650 last month and I'm still blown away. DVD up converted to 1080P is out standing but still may pick up a BlueRay player on black friday.

Well we already have all those on the list BUT I see a BF ad for a 42" plasma at $399.99 and I may try to get it for the guest bedroom that now hosts a 37" and move that or sell it.

I need a new receiver and speakers soon, but my budget and living situation simply don't allow me that luxury. Still, I hooked up my HTIB in my new place and mounted my speakers on my walls better than I probably ever did at my old house, and that thing still packs a good punch. Not bad for $180, but I would also like to start enjoying the HD audio codecs from my Blu Ray movies.

I need a new receiver and speakers soon, but my budget and living situation simply don't allow me that luxury. Still, I hooked up my HTIB in my new place and mounted my speakers on my walls better than I probably ever did at my old house, and that thing still packs a good punch. Not bad for $180, but I would also like to start enjoying the HD audio codecs from my Blu Ray movies.

ecost.com is a great place for recertified Onkyo's which can do HD audios. As someone who did not care about audio(was always a HTIB guy), I love TrueHD and Master now. I highly recommend spending the dough on a rcvr that has the capability.

ecost.com is a great place for recertified Onkyo's which can do HD audios. As someone who did not care about audio(was always a HTIB guy), I love TrueHD and Master now. I highly recommend spending the dough on a rcvr that has the capability.
Maybe someday, but as I mentioned in this recent post, if I'm going to throw down the sort of money I need to do this thing "right", I need to have a situation better than what I have now both financially and setup-wise:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/v-receivers-amplifiers-speakers/153995-good-combo.html#post1584986