Plus sign with Genie guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havant

Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
so. calif.
I installed a Genie a few days ago and I have a question about the Guide as displayed on my tv. When the guide is being displayed the first column, that has the station number and call letters, has a small plus sign in the upper right corner of many of the channels. There doesn't seem to be any pattern as it is for some local stations and some premium channels. My other receiver in another room, an older DVR does not exhibit this. Anyone know what the significance of this is?

I have tried to attach a jpeg showing this.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 297
The triangle means that channel is available for on demand. I don't know about the + sign.

Doesn't make sense since many of the marked stations are just regular local channels. Why would it be "on demand" for what I normally get?

Doesn't make sense since many of the marked stations are just regular local channels. Why would it be "on demand" for what I normally get?

Probably for network shows. You can watch CSI anytime you want.

abc, nbc, cbs it appears. They are all three available as OnDemand programming for what those broadcasters show.

True, but not all Network Shows are available and those that are may not include the entire season of that show.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts