pocketdish and 625 dishnetwork dvr

russelln114

Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hello. I have a av500e pocketdish. When i transfer a dvr(dishnetwork 625) event from my dvr to my pocketdish then try to play it an error message comes up on the pocketdish that says "cannot play video file damaged or incomplete". I sent it to archos for repair. The other day however i was exploring my dish network features and under the record plus feature there is a ERD setup. When i explored this option it says " if you have an external device hooked up to your receiver, you have the option of recording to this device" then it has a enable button and a disable button. The feature was disabled. Would this explain why i couldn't play my events on my pocketdish that were transfered from the dvr.Did i send it out for repair for nothing? Did anyone ever have this trouble. I thought that this feature was for recording from the tv and bypassing the dvr. Any help would be great. Thanks.

These are two different issues, really. I believe you can record directly to the PD internal disk with that menu item.

At one time the recordings transfered to a PD were not encrypted. You could easily move the programs onto your PC that way, using the PD as the intermediary. Then, around this time last year, they got encrypted by new Dish DVR firmware updates. Programs transferred after the receiver was updated were no longer playable by the old PD firmware. However, programs transferred earlier were not modified and continued to be playable by old PD firmware.

If you never updated the firmware on your PD, then that might explain the error.

Yea i tried upgrading the firmware along with a million other things. Archos said i may need a new hardrive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts