Pointing a Slimeline 3 swm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did you install the support poles? They are important.

Unless your mounting to a brick wall and tighten the hell out of the mast, you need to use the support struts.

Even on a brick wall I would still use the struts.
The material the dish is attached to has nothing to do with needing the support struts. In fact, mounting to any wall increases the need for the struts because it increases the torque on the base. It's the weight of the dish that's the key.

The material the dish is attached to has nothing to do with needing the support struts. In fact, mounting to any wall increases the need for the struts because it increases the torque on the base. It's the weight of the dish that's the key.
Actually, thats not it either ...

Its the larger size and the WIND when its hitting it that is the need for the posts ... too much wind will move the dish.

Actually, thats not it either ...

Its the larger size and the WIND when its hitting it that is the need for the posts ... too much wind will move the dish.
I could have been more specific. Wind load is an issue, but if you attach one to a wall without the struts it will sag regardless of wind.

I have installed hundreds of dishes.

If your mounting to a roof for example, there is more play with the mount than mounted into cement or a brick wall.

I have installed hundreds of dishes.

If your mounting to a roof for example, there is more play with the mount than mounted into cement or a brick wall.
Sure, but the wall mount puts more stress on the base.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)