Polarity and FTA how is this happening?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

horizon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I've got an analog receiver and an FTA receiver (foretec lifetime classic na), pulling signal from a 10' BUD.

The c-band lnb goes to a HF splitter with DC power on one side only. That side goes to the analog receiver, the other side to the FTA receiver

I'm watching IA-13 and suddenly I'm able to see both the Vertical and Horizontal channels without changing the polarity on the analog receiver.

How is this possible?

Are you actually seeing both polarities or does the fortec just 'think' is sees both?

If you have the analog set to 'H' and do a full blind scan, it will pick up all of the transponders twice. Once On H and the other on V. When scanning you should limit the polarity to whatever you have the analog receiver set to.

Shawn95GT said:
Are you actually seeing both polarities or does the fortec just 'think' is sees both?

If you have the analog set to 'H' and do a full blind scan, it will pick up all of the transponders twice. Once On H and the other on V. When scanning you should limit the polarity to whatever you have the analog receiver set to.

I had already scanned (I'm still playing with it and haven't made a H sat listing and a V listing, they are all combined).

Initially when you changed the channel on the FTA to something with a different polarity I had to change it with the analog receiver. But now I can flip through all of the channels on the FTA that it has stored, both H and V, and it views all of the channels fine without me changing the polarity with the analog.

It doesn't seem possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)