Polarity backwards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbarnes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mother got a new Motorola DSR922 4DTV receiver today. She had problems and called me over. Playing around, I finally received some signals. However, it turns out the polarity is backward. For example, I have Galaxy10R at 123 named G5 on the receiver. The display says channel 18 is vertical, but I am watching TMC on G0-18 which is actually horizontal. So, I motor over to G5 at 125, tell the receiver it is really G0, and look at T18 and get SciFi just fine. Receiver says it is horizontal, but that transponder is vertical.

Also, the manual says to go to G0 T9 and leave it for a while to download updates. There is nothing on G0-T9. I have found other references to the updates searching the web and found G0-T7, G1-T3, any strong digital channel, etc.

Any ideas?

Figured it out. In the various settings, you can adjust the skew from +90 to -90 degrees. The default settings had -60 for horizontal and +60 for vertical. I simply reversed the values and everything worked fine. Got all the satellites we could find loaded. Now, just waiting for NPS to open and get it authorized.

mbarnes said:
Figured it out. In the various settings, you can adjust the skew from +90 to -90 degrees. The default settings had -60 for horizontal and +60 for vertical. I simply reversed the values and everything worked fine. Got all the satellites we could find loaded. Now, just waiting for NPS to open and get it authorized.

You may try adjusting those settings a little bit. Optimal reception should be reached when the skew settings are at 90 degree seperation. EX: +45 -45, +60 -30 , etc. I noticed that yours is set +60 -60, which is 120 degree seperation. You my can squeeze just a tad better signal quality out of the unit by fine tuning those settings. :)

The person who installed the feedhorn did not set to the polar axis, which would have reversed the polarity on all satellites. The 4DTV receiver has an option in the setup menu to reverse polarity on all satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)