polaroid LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
;) Does anybody know if polaroid makes good lcdtvs saw one at circuit city it was 1000. here is the number f l m 3201 thanks four the the help

I bought a 15 inch polaroid, it's good, but probably quite different than the 32 inch model you are comparing to.

I just picked up the 26" Polaroid FLM-2632 at CC for $699 on sale. It has a max resolution of 1366 x 768 and is native 720p. The literature says the contrast ratio is 1000:1, brightness is 550 cd/m2, refresh rate is 8ms, viewing angle is 170x170. It has one HDMI input, two component inputs, VGA, S-Video and composite inputs, and built-in NTSC and ATSC tuners. I am using it in a bedroom, connected for the time being to a 508 and a DVD player. DVDs look pretty good, and the OTA HD stuff looks great! They also make a 32" and 37" model with the same features. The 32" was $1099, and the 37" was not in stock so I don't know what the price was on it.

For the money, IMHO, the Polaroid is a decent set for occasional viewing. I'm going to want something a little bigger for the living room. Right now I have a 27" Panasonic direct view 4:3 CRT set which will get replaced when I move next year. HD looks pretty good on it but it is a little on the small side and only has one set of component inputs (no HDMI). I will probably relegate that one to the game room when I decide on a new set for the LR.

I'm sure it's junk. You always get what you pay for in my opinion when it comes to electronics.

That being said, I bought the 26" Polaroid expecting to be crap, and am enjoying it quit nicely :).

But I would not get it as my main set. I have my 50" SXRD in the living room as the main thang. But for a bedroom or something, why not? :)

So....for now I give it a thumbs up :).

I own two Polaroid LCD's and they are a great value. All they are is a repackaged Sharp. Much like a Westinghouse is a repackaged Sony.

~Josh

Last edited:
I also own the 26" version and love it. The speakers are the only low point with it from my point of view. I also know that I could buy a better more expensive set but this was the best one considering the whole package which is a price under a grand plus picture quality and inputs. I think the picture quality is very good on these sets and I also love the fact that when using a cable box in passthrough mode it switches very very very fast when going from an SD to an HD channel and vice versa. My old set would flicker and take almost 3 seconds todo this but this set is instant. Maybe that is due to the fact that its an LCD TV but I don't think so. You don't realize how much that would drive you nuts until you have a set that is instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.