Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 373 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 345 48.1%

• Total voters
ViP722 units shipped "recently" don't need the purple cards. The new system is built in.

I have two ViP722 units- one got the card, the other didn't need one. I also got a card for my 508.

Installed both cards in my 322's 722 doesn't need one.
Next question..................What good are the cards? what did they do that a software download wouldn't have?

Installed both cards in my 322's 722 doesn't need one.
Next question..................What good are the cards? what did they do that a software download wouldn't have?

The new cards prevent hackers from stealing service from Dish. At least until the hackers develop new methods to hack the new cards.

Got cards for my 722, 622, and two 5xx receivers last Thursday... plugged them all in, they rebooted and started up without a hitch.....

Nice touch, they had pictures of the receivers underneath so I knew which ones went where.... The two 5xx receivers made me check the R00 number on the back, but the other two didn't need that....

What cards are we talking about? I didn't even know we were getting new cards. My ViP622 doesn't have a card in it now so am I going to get a card now?

i guess all of us that signed up in 1997 and 1998 are last on the list.

That can't be the case, because I just switched to E in March of this year and I have not gotten a new card yet either. And no my 722 does not have the right code to not need one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts