Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 373 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 345 48.1%

• Total voters
Finally got my cards today for my two 622's. My newer one took me less than 10 minutes, the older one about 30 minutes, mostly waiting while it downloaded the guide. Maybe the hard drive is beginning to ask for help? :( Overall it was easy...

Well now, how do I change my vote now as my new cards arrived yesterday and I installed them a couple of hours ago?

It took just about 5 minutes for both my 211 and 722 to complete the process even though somewhere along the way I saw a screen that said it may take up to 30 minutes. It was very easy.

Edit/Update: I just went back to see the earlier posts to see point about a new poll to be posted in early December. Then we will find out how many have them at that point.

Last edited:
Update: A previos poster said they were being mailed to your billing address. Not necessarily: Dish mailed mine to my service address. Just an FYI...

I voted No at the start of this thread. But I finally received the new smart card today. after THREE reboots it finally came back without the "If you see this too long hold down the power button for 10 seconds..." message :)

BTW I didn't get any prior notification. And they do look kind of like the dummy plastic credit cards used in solicitations, that I usually toss in the tool box to use for spreading caulk etc.:eek:

Talon Dancer

p.s. yes I did wait quite a bit after seeing the error screen before pressing the power button :rolleyes:

Moderator, please close this poll for me. It seems to have developed a life of its own. Seems like a fifty/fifty new cards ratio.

If I start a new one. I will put an expiration date on it.

It is 50/50 because those of us who said we had not received our cards cannot change our response when they are received.

Moderator, please close this poll for me. It seems to have developed a life of its own. Seems like a fifty/fifty new cards ratio.

If I start a new one. I will put an expiration date on it.

December 1st would be a good time to close it and start a new one lasting for the month.

Besides, I just wanted it bold again.. :D

I got my three smart cards yesterday and all installed without a problem........
BUT.......now my older 211 which was previously activated for an external hard drive now says I must call the Dish number to activate the receiver for EH/DVR to function. Dang it. I just hate to call Dish Network..........always a hassle..........

Does anybody have a date as to when they will stop mailing smart cards? End of December, end of January?

Also, what happens if you receive your smart cards and then add a receiver to your account that doesn't have a new smart card? Do you have to pay for a smart card mail to you? Or will they send it to you for free?

Does anybody have a date as to when they will stop mailing smart cards? End of December, end of January?

Also, what happens if you receive your smart cards and then add a receiver to your account that doesn't have a new smart card? Do you have to pay for a smart card mail to you? Or will they send it to you for free?

Good question... I have two old 50x receivers that might get pushed back into service if one of my current batch dies....

In the last analyst's call, Charlie alluded to a schedule that might not complete 100 percent until next November but with some programming packages making conversion within the next month or two (a phased conversion) .

I still haven't received new cards, but I haven't received any nag screens either, so I'm not worried about it. My 722 possibly had a new card when I received it not too long ago, but I've had the 622 since February 2006, so I know it will need a new card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)