Poll - IFC, WE, FUSE, and SUNDANCE - will any be in HD?

Will IFC, WE, SUNDANCE, or FUSE be in HD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tampa8 said:
I like lipstick on my pigs.... but anyway...... an example for me, I don't watch the Encore Movie Theme channels virtually at all anymore, but if they were in HD I would. There are other examples, even a channel like WE can very occasionally have a program on I would watch, but not in SD.

I am with you, if it's not in hd it's not on my tv. There are plenty of times i see something on one of the encore channels that I want to watch, but I just can't do it.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

The answer to this question is NO.

Fuse will be on channel 164
IFC will be on channel 298
Sundance will be on 358
WE will be on 128

All will be in Free Preview.

Sundance will be on 358
WE will be on 128

Boo.
frown.gif
LOL Oh, well. Better than nothing I suppose...
Any word on which packages these will be in?

Fuse will fit in well at 164 surrounded by the other music channels.
IFC will as well, but it is an interesting placement near Epix Drive-In and Reelz Channel.
Sundance used to be on 389 by Pixl, but it will be after the Starz channels and before Mav TV.
We is going back to its old spot by Oxygen and Bravo. What is good is that it is getting its old channel number.

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:

Sundance will be on 358
WE will be on 128

I'm surprised AMC didn't negotiate HD carriage as part of the settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm surprised AMC didn't negotiate HD carriage as part of the settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I'm not. Pay a premium (which I'm sure they did as part of the settlement) for non-premium delivery of content. "NO" was the unpopular answer but it turns out to be the correct one.

I voted no in the poll.Dish is strapped for b/width plus cablevision/amc aren't nearly as concerned with the video quality of them as they are AMC.

Even if IFC and Sundance had been offered in HD I wouldn't be watching them, with their commercial-laden, uninteresting content compared to what they used to be.

I like lipstick on my pigs.... but anyway...... an example for me, I don't watch the Encore Movie Theme channels virtually at all anymore, but if they were in HD I would. There are other examples, even a channel like WE can very occasionally have a program on I would watch, but not in SD.

I'm pretty much the same way. Once in a while I watch stuff that's in SD, but when it comes to movies, if it's not in HD I don't want to see it. For all I have invested in electronics so I can sit back and really enjoy a program, it irritates me that we still don't have 100% HD available. I'm not blaming Dish, cause it's really the networks fault for dragging their feet to put out the money so everything can be in HD.

Ghpr13:)

I think the biggest problem with SD content isn't the resolution itself, but how poorly HD flat panels render it (non-native resolution). My CRT HDTV shows SD content just fine.

I think the biggest problem with SD content isn't the resolution itself, but how poorly HD flat panels render it (non-native resolution). My CRT HDTV shows SD content just fine.

yea up to maybe 27" sets.Beyond that it starts getting pretty ugly.

I've seen it pretty ugly even on 26" LCDs and Plasmas...not so on my 36" CRT HDTV

Sundance will be on 358
WE will be on 128

Disappointed in Sundance not being in HD. I could have sworn it was in HD before being pulled from the BB@Home package.

yea up to maybe 27" sets.Beyond that it starts getting pretty ugly.

I have my 722K TV2 out connected to my basement 37" 720p lcd tv via 25' composite cables and the pq is fine on that set. Yes, it's certainly not as nice as the HD from ota or Netflix, but it's still very watchable.

Also, it looks far better than when I had it connected with RG6. This might be the biggest problem people are having with SD pq. Connecting to the rf input and not with composite or S Video. Monoprice has high quality composite and s-video cables for reasonable prices.

Mochuf said:
Disappointed in Sundance not being in HD. I could have sworn it was in HD before being pulled from the BB@Home package.

I have my 722K TV2 out connected to my basement 37" 720p lcd tv via 25' composite cables and the pq is fine on that set. Yes, it's certainly not as nice as the HD from ota or Netflix, but it's still very watchable.

Also, it looks far better than when I had it connected with RG6. This might be the biggest problem people are having with SD pq. Connecting to the rf input and not with composite or S Video. Monoprice has high quality composite and s-video cables for reasonable prices.

HD channels down converted to 480i by the TV2 output look much better than native 480i channels from dish. It's not all because of resolution. Just check any channel that Dish has in both HD and SD.

Last edited:
Yep I have to agree with you king3pj.I can also say that digital sd channels on clear qam charter cable are better than Dish sd channels,heck even a couple of the analog channels are better.You'll never convince me that both Dish and Dtv compress sd channels to death since the boom in HD.Back before we upgraded to hd here I had all S-video connections with those heavy duty cables and,sd on Dish just got worse over time.

Another cog in the wheel could be the receiver. I swear that when I switched from the 625 (SD receiver) to the 722 that the SD channel quality immediately went down.

Another cog in the wheel could be the receiver. I swear that when I switched from the 625 (SD receiver) to the 722 that the SD channel quality immediately went down.

That's definitely possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts