Poll - IFC, WE, FUSE, and SUNDANCE - will any be in HD?

Will IFC, WE, SUNDANCE, or FUSE be in HD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scott Greczkowski said:
No word on packages.

A member from the "other forum" released packages and seems to be saying that they will all be in HD. I am so confused now. The member is also saying free previews of those channels will only be SD. The member also has the channels becoming available on Halloween.

Link to what the member is saying: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3122397#post3122397

Kind of hard to figure that out,my take is those channels will be available in those packages but will only be in sd.

Teehar said:
Kind of hard to figure that out,my take is those channels will be available in those packages but will only be in sd.

The member there posted both base packages and HD packages (like HD120), though. Also, the member mentioned the free previews of the channels will only be in SD.

I guess we will not really know until the channels are made available.

A member from the "other forum" released packages and seems to be saying that they will all be in HD. I am so confused now. The member is also saying free previews of those channels will only be SD. The member also has the channels becoming available on Halloween.

Link to what the member is saying: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3122397#post3122397
I think he is just saying what packages they will be available in, not that they will be in HD.

I am sent an Uplink Schedule from DISH from time to time which shows what uplink activity will be happening for the upcoming week and I received one this week and said the channels would be in SD only.

I do expect them to be available today as well. (It's Wednesday... uplink day) :)

I think the biggest problem with SD content isn't the resolution itself, but how poorly HD flat panels render it (non-native resolution). My CRT HDTV shows SD content just fine.

I have to say that when I switched from Insight to Dish, the SD programs looked great on my 40" Samsung LCD. I got a lot of compliments on the PQ. Even still, it was never as sharp as HD and I hate that the SD picture is always "boxed".
Ghpr13:devil:

I have to say that when I switched from Insight to Dish, the SD programs looked great on my 40" Samsung LCD. I got a lot of compliments on the PQ. Even still, it was never as sharp as HD and I hate that the SD picture is always "boxed".
Ghpr13:devil:
So you'd rather watch original 4x3 SD content in stretch-o-vision? :eek: Or do you mean something else by "boxed"?

None of them will be in HD. They are going to be in free view from 11/1-1/16. Info is already on channel 103.

Last edited:
also according to the slate on the free preview channel aka ch. 103, AMC, IFC, WE TV and Fuse will be in the America's top 120 package while Sundance will be in the top 200 package.

Gotta say, this is a rather silly poll. Asking people whether or not the channels will be in HD? I think only Dish knows that answer. That being said, I voted no though, Dish is already pressed for bandwidth.

Looks like they are on only in SD.

Scott was right as usual. However, it looks like Dish told the "other forum" the wrong information about HD.

This is from Dish's facebook page.

DISH Hi Dennis, right now I do not show any HD listing for IFC, WEtv, Sundance or Fuse as of yet. They might be coming in the near future. -Jason S

chiodo said:
Fuse & WE are already up linked on SD, WE is moving to 115 from 128 at 12:30am EDT.

I think it's Style that is moving to 115. WE will remain on 128

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

So you'd rather watch original 4x3 SD content in stretch-o-vision? :eek: Or do you mean something else by "boxed"?

No. I hate stretch-o-vision. I'm saying that on my TV and with Dish, SD looks pretty good 90% of the time, but the 4x3 picture size stills make it less desirable to watch. Also many SD programs do not have 5.1 audio which, on a movie, definitely adds a lot to a movie.
Ghpr13:)

I love how Dish is reminding viewers that Style moved to 115. Style was always at 115. It was duplicated to 128 during the dispute, basically house sitting for We while it was away.

Also, can someone please tell my why HDNet Movies hasn't been taken from 130. Dish is really pissing me off with that. I'm supposedly paying for it as part of ny BB@Home subscription and everyone keeps on getting at no addition cost. Since they wanted to screw with AMC, IFC, and Sundance's original placements, why not put everything back where they were in June. Or move Axis there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)