Poll on Hopper problems

How big of a deal are the problems you have found with the Hopper 3?

• Total voters
No regrets and only issue I had is recognizing my EHD that I was using with my H2000 and HWS. Even after reformatting it I continue to have issues with it being recognized. I have a new EHD that I bought and it is functioning flawlessly.

I have 16 tuners and no more conflicts, I can't seem to remember any issues that may have come and gone.

There is that 1:25 a.m. reboot issue, oh wait, that was the old hoppers that the H3 no longer has....... :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Only issue I've had is hopper telling me a show was recorded and can't find it anywhere and also sometimes being unable to remove an on demand show or movie after watching it.

No regrets and only issue I had is recognizing my EHD that I was using with my H2000 and HWS. Even after reformatting it I continue to have issues with it being recognized. I have a new EHD that I bought and it is functioning flawlessly.

It's too late to help you, and I haven't tried this yet myself on a Dish system, but if a previously working EHD doesn't work for you, the problem might be in the enclosure rather then the data on the drive itself. Enclosures for external hard drives can be pretty cheap - I picked up a USB 3 enclosure at my local electronics store for under $20 and installed the drive from another unit that had failed on my Mac. The drive came up and all my data was fine once I moved the drive to the new enclosure.

I currently have an IOMega USB 2 drive as the EHD on my VIP722 and plan to remove the drive from it and install it in a USB 3 enclosure when I get my Hopper 3. I see no reason whey that shouldn't work just fine.

That said, some brands of external drives are constructed to be impossible to disassemble without destroying the enclosure. I did just that to remove the drive from an old Seagate Firewire drive but once I moved the internal drive to a new box it and all of the data on it were fine.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)