Poll on Hopper problems

How big of a deal are the problems you have found with the Hopper 3?

• Total voters
My home screen still shows dvr shows that i deleted a week ago!!! And when you click on them hopper freezes so you need to reset it again. Fun.

So just leave them alone for now and just exit the Home screen. Wait for the next software update.

Reactions: THE5RIVERS
The only reason yours truly is waiting is because Dish does not yet allow more than one H3 per account. I'm willing to wait and let the bugs be worked out and use the forthcoming switch that will allow multiple H3's in the home and not have to have 4 reflectors on the roof. However, I can hardly wait for H3's to come to my TV land. I could have used those extra tuners several times sor far this month alone. I keep having to lose my LIVE tuner to allow for recordings.

It's most likely going to be the end of this year or early next year before you're able to add a second Hopper 3.

It should be an OPTION. The Home Screen may be of tremendous help to new Hopper subscribers. However, like the TiVo Central screen being tremendous thing that makes using it "easy", after learning how to use the DVR, TiVo Central can become a PITA obstacle. It is probably the same feeling by those who already know the Hopper product and its shortcuts.

And maybe it will be. Lots of companies try out new ideas like this to see how it works and sometimes people hate it. I guarantee you won't see the Home screen being there much longer.

It takes one button press to get rid of it. If it bothers people that much here's a tip that will allow you to avoid seeing it even though you have to press that one extra button. The first thing you should do when you grab your remote is press the Sat button which turns on the receiver, then press the Back button which brings you to Live TV, then hit the TV Power button and BOOM! you have live TV on your screen right away. Easy way to avoid seeing it until Dish gets rid of it.

I used the SiriusXM app last night and it worked great, except I couldn't get back out of it. I had to navigate to the screen where it shows all the tuners used and select a tuner with a show on it. I couldn't even access the Guide. The music just kept on playing. LOL

Only thing I don't like (other than what has been mentioned already) is the On Demand all seasons always showing up in search - I missed an episode of X-Files & had to scroll through several seasons of old programming just to find the recent episode, would be better to have a toggle to sort new to old or something. Can't imagine looking for a newer Law & Order episode - there's years of older seasons being shown & they show up first. And I've had to turn off Netflix in search several times (it really adds to the old seasons), it won't stay turned off - overall though, a much better experience than either Hopper 1 or 2.

Only thing I don't like (other than what has been mentioned already) is the On Demand all seasons always showing up in search - I missed an episode of X-Files & had to scroll through several seasons of old programming just to find the recent episode, would be better to have a toggle to sort new to old or something. Can't imagine looking for a newer Law & Order episode - there's years of older seasons being shown & they show up first. And I've had to turn off Netflix in search several times (it really adds to the old seasons), it won't stay turned off - overall though, a much better experience than either Hopper 1 or 2.

I'll have to check that out. I've noticed on some menus that pressing the Option button can toggle certain things.

It seems the only ones playing down having to reboot the H3 every time you start it are those who don't have the problem. I can recall there are at least 3 of us with the issue.
Now, it does have to be idle at least a few hours before you go through this routine. Maybe some watch enough TV over 24/7 there is only a very short period when they are not watching anything.
I don't think 3 is very significant but apparently a lot more (non forum members) are reporting the issue which would explain why Dish is saying they plan an update to fix it.
I said in a previous thread that I would not be surprised if it can not be fixed with an 'update'. Mainly because updates usually apply to problems MOST or ALL people are
experiencing. A small percentage might indicate some defective hardware (or production process, like a cold solder joint, etc.)
But problems with a small database of affected customers might be the result of 'tolerances' that can impact how well software plays with specific hardware components.

Whatever the cause, I hope it gets fixed soon, it is irritating.

My H3 has been working pretty well until tonight. Now ALL of my timers are gone. I'm unable to create any new timers. I get a pop up saying "Timer creation failed. Please try back later." Also, I am unable to turn on Primetime Anytime--the settings just don't stick. All of my previous recordings are still showing up.

I have tried a red button reset, a power cord reset, and have tried restoring from my remote. Nada.

Advanced tech support wants to send me a new one, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to. It almost seems like corrupt guide data to me. I know that in the past you could force new guide data to download by doing a check switch, but that doesn't seem to work with the H3.

Check Status shows no issues.

Any suggestions?

To force a guide download you have to turn off the H3 and all connected Joeys. About 5 or 10 minutes after everything is turned off the H3 screen should tell you when the guide download begins and it's progress.

My H3 has been working pretty well until tonight. Now ALL of my timers are gone. I'm unable to create any new timers. I get a pop up saying "Timer creation failed. Please try back later." Also, I am unable to turn on Primetime Anytime--the settings just don't stick. All of my previous recordings are still showing up.

I have tried a red button reset, a power cord reset, and have tried restoring from my remote. Nada.

Advanced tech support wants to send me a new one, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to. It almost seems like corrupt guide data to me. I know that in the past you could force new guide data to download by doing a check switch, but that doesn't seem to work with the H3.

Check Status shows no issues.

Any suggestions?

Me Too! Glad I am not the only one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)