Poll: What type of Dish Configuration Do you Use?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Please Select the Option that best describes your system configuration

• Fixed: C System - Please indicate switch type(s) and # of LNBFs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motor & Fixed: C System - Please indicate switch type(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
option 9

1-C-band motorized DiSEqC 1.2
1-Ku Motorized USALS
2-Fixed Ku
All through a DiSEqC 1.1 8-port Switch

Receiver--->V-box-X---->USALS Motor---->Switch.

10 foot "esx 242"
6 foot "c1"
---- 2 port 1.0

2 - 90cm fixed
1 - 76cm fixed
1- 90cm sg2100
---- 4 port pos switch that needs replacement

Motor and fixed Ku/C system...

Fixed C-Band "PortaBUD" 6 footer currently on 87W but slated to move to 101W; Fixed Ku-Band 1 meter Channel Master on 125W; Two motorized 90 centimeter dishes on SG-9120B motors that tune to various satellites.

Stacked LNB(F)s on PortaBUD and the 1 meter Channel Master; Invacom QPH-031s on the motorized dishes.

Three separate feeds run from the dish farm(s) into the house.

Option #6
C/Ku BUD (linear actuator) and motor driven standalone Ku .
Switch is home brew Diseqc 1.2 with latching 2A relay to handle the motor current.
BUD actuator operated by Uniden 4400 receiver

One motorized C Band primary TV watching.
One motorized KU Band 36" w/22khz switch
Seven fixed KU dishes pointed at various satellites.
One 5ft C Band motorized direct no switches for testing (mostly pointed at 103W)
Too many receivers... But always need a new one...

I have a motorized Ku System with Invacom lnbf all with USALS from 61 degrees to 125 degrees. It has Diseqc switch for linear and circular. Also, a ghetto moveable C band system with C2 lnbf, hooks into previously mentioned Diseqc switch on the KU system.

DISH 1 - Motor: KU/C System - 22K Switch / DiSEqC 1.2 / Single DISH
DISH 2 - Motor: KU System - No switches / USALS

Right now just one motorized dish but I have a DiSEqC 4x1 and a SW-21 in the line from previous fixed dishes and a DBS feed that aren't in use anymore.

Option 9

10' Bud with C-Band only feed, polar rotor controlled with actuator
1M Ku dish with motor, QPH-031 feed. DISEQC switch to select circular/linear feed.
1M Ku dish fixed on AMC 1 fed to above DISEQC switch.

Coolsat 5000 selects C/Ku band with DishNet SW21, also controlling polarity and feeds from Ku dishes for:
AZBox Ultra selects C/Ku band with ECODA 22khz switch.
GI 650 controls Bud position and polarity.

Motor & Fixed Ku
Primestar 84e on the motor (using 1.2 commands currently)
fixed dishes on 83W, 103W and 125W.
Currently running through one 4:1 Diseqc switch. Upgrading in the next few weeks to dual LNBs all around connected to two 4/4 multiswitches, in turn connected to two 4:1 Diseqc switches for two receivers. Far future expansion ability to two more receivers with just two more 4:1 Diseqc switches.
__
Neil

Using USALS for KU sats from 30W to 129W including circular band with a side mounted circular lnbf. I use a Disecq switch with this setup though, for both lnbfs.

Two setups 3 motorized Dishes:#1= C/Ku ortho->WNC48 multi switch(22khz)->DiSEqC 1.2 (GBox)->STB
#2 C/KU ortho->WNC48 multi-switch(22khz)->DiSEqC 1.2 (VBox)-> DVBS2 card #1-> HTPC
Invacom QPH-031-> 1x4 DiSEqC 1.0-> DiSEqC 1.2/USALS SG2100-> 1x8 DiSEqC 1.1*-> DVBS card #2-> HTPC

* this switch also connects the two C/KU orthos to the DVBS card #2 and allows for testing of other dish platforms

Last edited:
Currently using two motorized 10 foot mesh dishes both with a DMX 741 feed, one uses a V Box 10, the other uses a DSR922 for a mover, neither feed uses the switch on the feed, just 4 seperate RG6 runs, all over 150',switched at the receiver end with a 4:1 diseqc...all on a Solomend PVR800. Also, a motorized 39" Ku with a sg2100 motor/ESX521lnb and a converted Wildblue dish/TrackerII lnb stationary at 72W...both on 2:1 diseqc used on a microHD. Planning to incorporate all feeds and motors(using an additional V Box 10 ) in the future on my microHD as soon as I can figure it out.

Right now, fixed KU only, no switches, just direct coax, since lightning hit. New post in ground, concrete going in. Hope to have both C and KU on motors in next few weeks. The back-hoe finally showed up and all holes dug. I hope five and a half feet will be deep enough. I got 12 - 80# bags of quickcrete.

1-10' motorized C/ Ku LNBF built in 22k sw
3- 6' fixed offset C Band (C2s) separate Ku singles
1- 6' fixed prime focus C band C2 LNBF
1- 1M fixed Ku single LNBF
1- .9M fixed Ku single LNBF

All setup through 22khz and diseqc switches subject to continuing evolution. Some inside some outside.

Dish Network dedicated setup by itself for EA.

KU Band Motorized USALS & 1.2 DiseqC, 22Khz switch
KU 2 Fixed Dishes 4X1 and 22khz switch

Option #7
4X1 diseqc switch with a motorized 1m and a fixed pizza pan dish pointed at 97w. The 1m has a universal lnbf and the pizza pan as a standard lnbf.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)