Poll what will be your response if equiptment fees go up a lot?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poll what will be your response if equiptment fees go up a lot?

• Total voters
Thanks for the suggestions on the a la carte. I will look into that. I also noticed the SCI channel but I watch this in HD so that raises another general question.

If I drop all SD packages and just get the full HD packages plus a couple of a la carte, do the number of HD channels get reduced if I don't also sub to the SD channel?

Thanks for the suggestions on the a la carte. I will look into that. I also noticed the SCI channel but I watch this in HD so that raises another general question.

If I drop all SD packages and just get the full HD packages plus a couple of a la carte, do the number of HD channels get reduced if I don't also sub to the SD channel?

The all HD packages do not contain as many HD channels as the Classic packages with HD. The Fox cablet HD channels like Speed, FX, Fox News, and Fox Business and the Viacom Nick, MTV, and VH1 channels and maybe some others (I haven't kept track lately) are not included in all HD packages from E*.

I thought they done away with HD only packages (HD Absolute) or whatever it was called. Things are so complicated that it is becoming harder and harder to keep track of this stuff. I was thinking about cutting back BEFORE hearing of these "FEE" (BECAUSE WE CAN) price increases. Part of the reason was due to me expecting an annual increase plus some of my credits are going to go away soon but they still got me under contract. They might have to fight to keep me as a customer once my contract is up though if Directv has a good deal because I have had more than my fair share of problems with Dish. The discounts and the good software / hardware combo of the dual tuners keep me here right now.

Not having the discounts on the additional outlet fees wiped away their pricing advantage over Directv unless they still allow annual programming to be purchased getting a month free. Last time I called in to Dish it was due to them forcing me to monthly after I paid annually and it was due to me upgrading to that improved HD package. They told me those with HD will no longer get the annual option.

I'll wait and see just how much my bill will ultimately go up.
I have AEP with HD Gold/Platinum for $108 + Locals for $6, Three receivers 622/501/1000 (My account shows the 1000 as the primary) and DPP.

I still haven't figured out how much this will cost me. After that I will figure out what "too much" is. But the nanosecond I can get the programming I watch for a penny less on cable I will drop Dish. The problem is everyone is going to this "fee" crap that no customer can figure out without a slide-rule and an accountant. "Look at how li1ttle our programming packages cost! prices do not include box fee, fee for the cable that runs to your house, fee for the cable that connects the box to the TV, remote control, fee that allows you to add batteries to the remote, fee that allows the programming material to use the cable to go to the TV, fee for the color-burst signal to allow color pictures, fee for the power cable to plug in the receiver and other fees we will tell you about only if you notice we started charging them and actually call to ask. And when you ask via phone we will explain with a Pushtu accent so thick you will never be able to decipher.--the lowest prices in the industry for programming!"

I hate saying "there ought to be a law", but there ought to be a law preventing ANY industry from advertising a price for a service and have the total bill for that service be a NICKEL over the price advertised! It is an abuse of customers. "Everyone is doing it" is not an excuse and even more reason for the regulation. Ceviet emptor is the saying the cheats use to justify deceptive practices!

See ya
Tony

Tony I like your fee statement. fee that lets you change batteries in your remote.............

Hey E could go to a propietory battery pack using a wierd voltage for added profits.

sorry your remote ONLY accepts a 4.7523 volt battery pack, if the voltage is over or under this the remote automatically dies but first reports to E to send you a new one its only 30 bucks plus 15 bucks shipping and handling.

maybe E has a new gross profit manager who came from governmenmt?

Tony I like your fee statement. fee that lets you change batteries in your remote.............

Hey E could go to a propietory battery pack using a wierd voltage for added profits.

sorry your remote ONLY accepts a 4.7523 volt battery pack, if the voltage is over or under this the remote automatically dies but first reports to E to send you a new one its only 30 bucks plus 15 bucks shipping and handling.

maybe E has a new gross profit manager who came from governmenmt?

YAWN!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

assuming this is the correct info, my bill looks to be going up $23+. I'm NOT happy about it, but will wait and see what the real delta on the bill is in February.

Not sure what I can cut though :(

LER

I thought they done away with HD only packages (HD Absolute) or whatever it was called.

The Absolute HD package has been gone for quite a while, but E* started all HD tier packages a couple years ago named Turbo Bronze, Turbo Silver, and Turbo Gold. Those still exist and are expected to continue to be available from what I've heard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)