POLL: Which discounts/promos did you get on your Spring/Summer 2010 DirecTV order??

What promotions did you take advantage of on your Spring/Summer 2010 DirecTV order?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I switched from Dish and I Got

1. FREE HD for Life
3. $29mo off 1st year/ $14 off 2nd year (this is regional)
4. AAA $10mo for 2 years

and I am getting $5 more off my bill per month for bundling direct tv billing with ATT local phone and internet services. Also got $20 "Going Green Promo" for billing direct tv on my ATT bill. And I got a H24 and HR24 and AM21 all for free as well as I requested them when I sign up plus free 3mo free Starz/Show.

Overall I think I got a pretty good deal saving $44 for 12 months and then $29 for next 12 months.

And in 2 years I will figure out what I will do.

I switched from Dish and I Got

1. FREE HD for Life
3. $29mo off 1st year/ $14 off 2nd year (this is regional)
4. AAA $10mo for 2 years

and I am getting $5 more off my bill per month for bundling direct tv billing with ATT local phone and internet services. Also got $20 "Going Green Promo" for billing direct tv on my ATT bill. And I got a H24 and HR24 and AM21 all for free as well as I requested them when I sign up plus free 3mo free Starz/Show.

Overall I think I got a pretty good deal saving $44 for 12 months and then $29 for next 12 months.

And in 2 years I will figure out what I will do.

Nice stacking of deals.....did you try to get a referral with your order too and get shot down....or didn't try?

Just curious.

Nice stacking of deals.....did you try to get a referral with your order too and get shot down....or didn't try?

Just curious.

Yeah I asked about it, I was told the AAA $10 off 20 month is considered a referral in their system by the rep who took my order over the phone. She claimed she had to put my AAA number into the referral box. AAA gal said basically the way the referral works is you $10 off your bill per month and person who referred you get $10 off their bill per month ie $200 off, for AAA you get both sides of the deal ie $10 off your bill for 20 months.

Do you think it is worth calling Customer Service and seeing if they can add it after the fact, if I tell them that AAA order number was unable to add the referral bonus because they system did not allow it? Or call and complain and say I am not getting the referral bonus?

I know Customer Service applied a $20 credit to my account for shipping and handling because you can not place the order online for the AAA promo, they applied that credit when the installer called to activate my service as I told him AAA gal said to ask for it.

Islandguy43 said:
So what areas of the country are getting the regional $14 off for the 2nd year? Might be a deal breaker if make the switch.

Got here in Alabama.

Here is what I got about a week and a half ago:
$29 off 1st yr/ $14 off 2nd year
$10 off for 20 months AAA discount
Free HD for Life

Tried to stack the referral credit, but was unable to. All in all, I am really happy with the deal I got and made the switch from Dish a no brainer.

So what areas of the country are getting the regional $14 off for the 2nd year? Might be a deal breaker if make the switch.

Just go to the directv website and start placing an order. Once you put in your zip code, you'll either see the add'l 2nd year discount or you won't listed under each programming package.

Confirmed for Rochester, MN (Rochester DMA) and Cannon Falls, MN (Minneapolis DMA).

Ok, the promos ended 7/21. Just figured it's time to close out the poll. Anyone else sign up for service 7/21 or before that wants to add their info?

1. FREE HD for Life (or 2yr HD free if you had it added to your previous order) ($240 over 2 years)

2. $29mo off 1st year/ $0 off 2nd year

10. Free Starz/Showtime for 3 months

10. One nobody else mentioned. $50 from cashbaq.com

Plus of course $300 off the HD-DVR and HD receiver and free install.

Man I didn't get my order placed in time. Didn't realize the promo was ending today. Now they are charging for HD again with Choice Xtra package..:(

Man I didn't get my order placed in time. Didn't realize the promo was ending today. Now they are charging for HD again with Choice Xtra package..:(
I got my order in for Choice Xtra with 5 minutes to spare, as well as an extra $200 off with my AAA discount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts