POLL: Who is your Cable Company?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
If your cable company is not listed above, do not vote. Instead, reply to this thread with the company name. Make sure to mention whether it is a big cable operator (statewide or nationwide), or just a small local provider. I will add big companies to the list above so that you and others could vote on them too. If you don't vote you can still click on "View Poll Results".

Ilya.

truqui said:
Well I selected Adelphia but as we all know will soon be Comcast...
That's ok. For now it is still Adelphia. ;)

Ilya said:
If your cable company is not listed above, do not vote. Instead, reply to this thread with the company name. Make sure to mention whether it is a big cable operator (statewide or nationwide), or just a small local provider. I will add big companies to the list above so that you and others could vote on them too. If you don't vote you can still click on "View Poll Results".

Ilya.

INSIGHT CABLE

Insight provides service to hundreds of communities in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio.

HDTV Lineup:

I just Signed up and have 2 HD DVR's and one regular receiver

HD Offerings:

HDTV Lineup:
750 HBO HD
751 Showtime HD
760 WISH (CBS)
761 WTHR (NBC)
762 WRTV (ABC)
763 WXIN (FOX)
764 WFYI (PBS)
774 Universal HD

HD Pak:
| $7.95 a month |
775 ESPN HD
776 Discovery HD Theater
777 HD Net
778 HD Net Movies

I also have:
On Demand Movies 2.99/3.99
PPV
HBO On Demand (Free with Subscription)
SHO On Demand (Free with Subscription)
Free On Demand Programming

Some of the digital cable channels look quite good. The HD looks very good as well.

unfortunately adelphia. Not sure if we will end up with comcast or TW, but so far everyone seems to be saying comcast for some reason.

Anyone know how I can find out for sure?

gross67 said:
INSIGHT CABLE

Insight provides service to hundreds of communities in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio.
I have added Insight to the list above!
You can vote now! ;)

gross67 said:
Cheers - I'll bet we will see more than my lonely "1".
James
And once we have enough Insight customers here to justify a separate forum we'll create it. For now here is a thread for you: Insight Cable Discussion

Added Bright House to the list above.

rockhard said:
Rogers cable TV up here in the great white north ...
Ok, I've added Rogers to the Poll. We can list other Canadian cable companies too if needed. ;)

Baldone said:
Wave Broadband--80000+ subscribers in parts of western Washington state & southern California.
Added to the list above. You can vote now! ;)

I had Adelphia for the past 10 years and have Adelphia Digital Cable with all the premiers as well as high speed internet. In short, I am paying a small ransom for the worst cable company around. The good news, Time-Warner will be taking over my area and I look forward to huge improvement.

Adelphia's analog channels from 2 to 70, 95, 98, and 99 are absolutely horrible. A lot of ghosting as well as "ingress" on channels 68 and 69. The picture is grainy on just about all analog channels.

The digital channels are improved but there is so much compression that they are also not up to snuff. Worst of all, Adelphia has never cared from day one regarding its customers. We were just a funnel of money to former owner John Rigas that faces a federal prison term.

Time Warner will have to spend massive amounts to upgrade the system so it is comparable to its other systems. Headend work is most needed. In conclusion, I can't wait until Time Warner takes over. I will be getting a lot more channels in digital quality and have a better internet provider in Roadrunner.

Knology Cable.

"The Knology Network is currently serving Columbus, GA; Huntsville, AL; Lanett, AL; Valley, AL; Montgomery, AL; Panama City, FL; West Point, GA; Augusta, GA; Charleston, SC; Knoxville, TN. and Pinellas County, FL."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)