Poor Quality Signal Banner

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Sorry, if this has been posted before, but searching the forums is a pain: Was just watching CNN when a black banner with blue letters comes on near the top of the screen briefly that says, "Poor Quality Signal". Is this from E*, CNN, or my TV? It is kind of gloomy here today, but no rain. I hope this is not a bad sign.

Sorry, if this has been posted before, but searching the forums is a pain: Was just watching CNN when a black banner with blue letters comes on near the top of the screen briefly that says, "Poor Quality Signal". Is this from E*, CNN, or my TV? It is kind of gloomy here today, but no rain. I hope this is not a bad sign.

The general consensus from what I found using the search criteria below, is that it's of broadcaster origin:

DISH network Poor Quality Signal banner - Google Search

Mark

I've seen that banner when a local channel's reception to the uplink facility is crappy, I think the uplink facilities put it in.

Seen the same thing on Comcast. I assume their receiver generates it to let them know they are receiving a weak signal. (not that they probably care)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts