poor signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rod crosgrove

Original poster
May 10, 2007
:confused: I just installed a slimline antenna. It only has 3 lnbs but the directions say set it up as a 5. I can only get 3 transponders on sat 101, none on 119 and 3 on 110. The 3 on 101 are even numbers. Ive checked and rechecked the settings and swept the area. The signal strenght on sat 101 are about 70. zip is 55088. I believe I should be getting signal on other transponders. When I removed the 3 lnb there were no prolems. Help

Last edited:
What three TPs were showing up for the 110 satellite? I suspect that the dish is misaligned. The LNB for 101 is seeing 110, the 110 is seeing 119 and the 119 is seeing nothing. Change your azimuth about 9 degrees to the east.

What three TPs were showing up for the 110 satellite? I suspect that the dish is misaligned. The LNB for 101 is seeing 110, the 110 is seeing 119 and the 119 is seeing nothing. Change your azimuth about 9 degrees to the east.

Yes, the dish is probably lined up on the wrong satellite. The 5-lnb lines up on 101 whereas the 3-lnb was lined up on 110. You need to use the correct pointing instructions for the 5-lnb dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)