Popcornflix & Pluto TV might be worth a look (new content..free)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nope, my Vizio P-55 C1 shows the res and fps that it is receiving.
Dan

When using an HDMI input it is showing whatever the device you are using is set to. Maybe the Vizio is capable of ignoring that and reporting the actual resolution.
As an example if you set a DISH receiver to 1080I that is what a TV will show as the output even while watching an SD 480I channel. If the device has a native resolution output the TV then should reflect the the resolution. (As a Genie can be set to)

Another example using an OTA TIVO. The TIVO itself will display whatever resolution it is receiving. But the TV it is hooked to will show whatever resolution I have the TIVO set to. I keep it set to 1080I so that is what the TV always reports, but what is actually being transmitted may be in 720 or 480I.

Reactions: Bobby
When I turn on my Samsung tv it shows 1080p without anything being played. I'm convinced Pluto is 720p. Maybe the 4k channel has content filmed in 4k, but it's not streamed in 4k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)