Portable auto GPS question from a movie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I watched " Knowing " and was wondering if anyone knew what brand and model of GPS it was that Cages character was using in the movie, I liked the option to enter the LO/LA co-ords and the screen looked nicer than most, I couldn't see what the brand was because of the poor video quality I had from the host source.:rolleyes:

I bet it was a virtual one as in fake. I've never seen one with maps and such that shows the Lat Lon on the main screen. 99% of the GPS users could care less.

No DVD? ;)

Wasn't sure if it was real or not so thought I would ask, I can't see that it would be impossible to make considering that hand helds have this feature from what I've read.

It would generate some cool factor and might increase sales but I bet it would be pretty pricey but newegg and tigerdirect have had some really good deals on refurbs lately at the sub $50 level that have more features than they did a couple years ago.

No, it looked like a 6 inch garmin and the maps were all land based.

The movie is actually pretty good but the ending is one of those " WTF were they thinking? " I honestly had to wonder if they bought a script with no ending and then just threw some dumb sh*t off the wall idea into the mix or some moron on the staff decided at the last minute that the direction the story was leaning in ( I think anyone that saw it would have though angels or government black ops ) and went with something else after a bad acid trip.

My Garmin Nuvi 680 could display lat and lon, but it wasn't on the main screen. you have to go into the signal strength screen to see it (By clicking on the signal bars at the top left of the screen). Also in the "where to" menu there was an option for lat and loin, but I only ever used it once to find another tech who couldn't tell me how to get to where he was and the address didn't come up on GPS (And he had a Nuvi 670 so I could tell him how to get to the display).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)