Portable Sat system for RV and camping

Bingobob

Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Southern California
I am a newbee to this site and have searched for info re setting up a portable satellite system for camping, etc. I am a currenet subscriber to Dish Network and have two receivers/dvrs in my home. I have seen the portable dishes on ebay and understand I need one of those and another receiver. I do not want to remove one of my receivers from my home but would like to buy another and activate it with my current account. People who have bought equipment thru ebay seem to be having problems with activation. Do you have suggestions for equipment? Cost is always an issue.

I have purchased all my equipment thru E-Bay and never had a problem. Having said that, you really have to be careful and read discriptions carefully to find one that has no balance due and is supported by Dish. I would suggest you check out "The Dish Store.net" advertised at the top of page. They have good prices and are legit. I have the same situation since we RV and use an extra receiver. I do keep receiver hooked up at home to keep software updated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)